Migrating the catalog database: imc3Added by IBM on November 23, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|An administrator can migrate the catalog database one time from the embedded Apache Derby database in WebSphere®, where MashupHub is initially installed to another database. (If the database has already been migrated, the Migrate Database link is not displayed.)
An administrator can migrate the catalog database one time from the embedded Apache Derby database in WebSphere®, where MashupHub is initially installed to another database. (If the database has already been migrated, the Migrate Database
link is not displayed.)
Before you begin
Migrating the database has prerequisites and preparation steps. Before you migrate the database, read the information about supported databases and migration setup requirements: Database migration setup
About this task
When you migrate to another database, the table schema and data in the MashupHub catalog database are copied to the database that you designate. Reasons that you might want to migrate to another database include:
- An enterprise database server is more suitable for the requirements of the catalog size or for the transaction rate.
- There might be high availability or backup requirements for your organization that make it necessary to migrate to another database.
- Your organization prefers to use a different database than the database that is provided by MashupHub.
To migrate to another database:
- Log on to MashupHub as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top of the window.
- Select Environment -> Migrate Database.
- From the Database type list, select the database.
- Optional: Select Use already created tables to migrate only the database data. You must have installed the database table schema already on the target database with the MashuphubTables.sql script. See Creating a table schema for the target catalog database.
- In the Hostname field, the default hostname, localhost, is entered for you. If the hostname for the database is different, type its hostname or IP address.
- In the Port field, the default port number for the database is entered for you. If you are using a different port number, type it in this field.
- In the Database name field, type the database name or use the default name hubdb.
For Oracle, type the System ID (SID) in the Database name field.
- In the Username field, type the userid that you use to connect to the database.
- In the Password field, type the password that is associated with the userid that you specified in the Username field.
- The JDBC driver file name(s) field lists the JAR files for the migration. By default, this field lists the supported JAR file names. For DB2® and Informix®, the JAR files are already installed with MashupHub. For the other databases, you must copy the JAR files to a specific directory on the MashupHub server. You can specify different JAR files in this field. If you leave this field blank, the default JAR files will be used for migration, but you must still have copied them to MashupHub. See the instructions in Database migration setup.
- Additional fields are displayed depending on the target database:
- DB2 only: In the Schema field, type the schema name.
- Oracle only for connections to an Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC): Use the Connection URL field to create a connection to an Oracle RAC if the connection that is automatically generated by MashupHub does not connect to the server.
After the database migration is completed, the MashupHub configuration file points to the new database. Users can continue to use MashupHub. You do not need to restart MashupHub.
Parent topic: Environment: imc3