Adding a JDBC driver for enterprise database feedsAdded by IBM on May 19, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|Administrators can add JDBC drivers to MashupHub so that users can create enterprise database feeds from databases that are not currently supported.
Administrators can add JDBC drivers to MashupHub so that users can create enterprise database feeds from databases that are not currently supported.
Before you begin
See Configuring MashupHub for enterprise database feeds
for the list of currently supported databases for enterprise feeds. Add a new JDBC driver if you want to add support for a different database.
About this task
You can add a Type 4 JDBC driver with JDBC 3.0 level support.
- Log on to MashupHub as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top of the window.
- Select Extensions -> Add JDBC driver.
- In the Database product name field, enter the database product name.
- In the Driver class name field, enter the driver class name. For example, com.newdb.jdbc.NewDatabaseDriver.
- In the URL format field, enter the URL format using the following placeholders:
DB_HOST: host name
DB_PORT: port number
DB_NAME: database name
Example URL format:
- In the Driver file location field, browse to the location of the JDBC driver JAR file. To add multiple JAR files, first create a .zip file with all the required JAR files, and then browse and add the .zip file.
- In the Database properties field, enter any database properties that are required for the database connection. Specify the properties as name-value pairs separated by semicolons. For example, name1=value1;name2=value2.
The properties used for the connection will be a combination of the properties specified in this field and those specified by a user in the feed creation form. The property values specified by the user take precedence.
- Click Add.
The name that you specified in the Database product name
field will be displayed in the Database Type
list when users create enterprise database (JDBC) feeds.
Parent topic: MashupHub extensions