This topic explains how to enable the Navteq Map
widget for users. You must obtain a license key, and then add it to the Navteq Map
widget's XML file.
Navteq currently offers a 60–day trial key available for you at no cost. To obtain a key, go to the Navteq Licensing for IBM Mashup Center
web site. Be sure that the map key is based on the MapTP AJAX API 2.3. After the trial key expires, you can contact Navteq at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase a standard key.
After you enable and update the Navteq Map
widget, be sure to run the correct configuration task so that the Mashup Center server recognizes the changes. This task requires the widgetURL
parameter, which is the URL to the navteq.xml file. For more information about running the configuration task, see Updating the Mashup Center server after editing a widget
Adding the license key to the widget definition file
To add the license key to the Navteq Map
definition file, do the following steps:
- On the server where the Navteq Map widget is installed, locate navteq.xml in the following location: Mashup Center_install_root\mm_profile\installedApps\cell\navteq.ear\navteq.war\navteq.
- Open navteq.xml, and set the license key as the value in the following line:
<iw:item id="key" value="" />
If you also purchased your own dedicated map server from Navteq, set the host value in the following line:
<iw:item id="host" value="" />
- Finally, in order for the updates to take effect, clear the cache from the client browsers.
If users experience a blank map, try resolving the issue in the following ways:
- Access to the map is restricted by host name. Your map will only work against localhost and the host names you provided to Navteq when registering your key. Contact Navteq if you need to register additional host names for your map.
- Check to make sure that your trial license key has not expired. You can contact Navteq to purchase a standard key.
Parent topic: Administering widgets and gadgets