To connect to IMS™ databases by using the JNDI (managed) connection type, you must install the IMS Universal DB resource adapter on WebSphere® Application Server.
Before you begin
Copy the imsudbJLocal.rar
file for the IMS Universal JCA/JDBC driver in the IMS Universal DB resource adapter to a location that is accessible to WebSphere Application Server.
About this task
To install the IMS Universal DB resource adapter:
- In the WebSphere Application Server administrative console, click Resources -> Resource Adapters.
- Click Install RAR. The "Install RAR File" page displays.
- Type the path to the imsudbJLocal.rar file, or use the Browse button to navigate to and select this RAR file. The path can be to a local location or to a location on the server.
- Click Next. The configuration page opens.
- Click OK. The IMS Universal DB resource adapter - JDBC Local Transaction resource adapter is listed.
- In the messages box, click Save.
The IMS Universal DB resource adapter is installed.
Parent topic: Database feed configuration