Setting up catalog object statisticsAdded by IBM on May 19, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|As an administrator, you can enable and edit usage tracking for catalog objects. Enable tracking to view statistics for object and catalog usage. Statistics for objects include the number of hits and response time. Statistics for the catalog include the number of requests, unique requests, and unique growth.
As an administrator, you can enable and edit usage tracking for catalog objects. Enable tracking to view statistics for object and catalog usage. Statistics for objects include the number of hits and response time. Statistics for the catalog include the number of requests, unique requests, and unique growth.
About this task
Use the Object Statistics Settings
page to configure the following settings:
- Enable tracking to update catalog usage statistics and to view object statistics.
- Clear tracked information before a given date.
- Specify the length of time to keep tracked data.
- Specify tracking status for individual objects.
- Log on to MashupHub as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top of the window.
- Select Object Statistics -> Statistics Settings.
- Select Enable tracking.
After you enable tracking, the Clear Tracking Information, Schedule Automatic Data Maintenance and Object Tracking Information sections are displayed.
- Optional: To clear outdated tracking information, type a date in the Clear before date field.
- Optional: In the Maintain data for field, specify how many days to maintain data that has been collected for tracking.
Data that is older than the specified date is automatically removed. If you disable tracking, automatic data maintenance is reset.
- Optional: In the Object Tracking Information panel, specify tracking status for individual objects. By default, every object in the catalog is tracked.
- Search for object titles in the catalog. To list of all the objects, type an asterisk (*) in the search box.
- Scroll through the list and clear the check boxes for objects in the Track It column that you do not want to track. If you clear the check box for an object, the Usage Statistics link will not appear in the Actions list in the object's Details page.
- To allow the owner of an object to view tracking information, select the check box in the Owner Permissions column for that object.
- Click Save to save the object statistics settings.
The object statistics settings affect two other tasks that are available from the Administration
-> View Catalog Statistics
: Catalog usage statistics are tracked and updated.
-> View Object Statistics
: The administrator (or object owner who has permission) can view the number of requests for particular objects, as well as the average response time to feed requests.
Parent topic: Catalog statistics