Administrators can view policy statistics and usage statistics for the server.
Catalog Policy Statistics
Two kinds of statistics are available on this page: catalog policy statistics and catalog usage statistics:
To view catalog policy statistics, enable feed policy processing. Go to Settings -> Security -> Edit Feed Policies.
The policy statistics that are displayed represent the most recent hour's activity after feed policy processing was enabled with a 5 to 10 minute delay. Disabling feed policy processing or restarting the WebSphere® Application Server deletes the policy statistics data.
To view catalog usage statistics, enable tracking. Go to Settings -> Object Statistics -> Statistics Settings.
If tracking was enabled, and then later disabled, the data in the catalog usage statistics section will show data up to the time that the tracking was last enabled.
To view catalog statistics:
- Log on to MashupHub as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top of the window.
- Select Object Statistics -> View Catalog Statistics.
The catalog policy statistics display information for the following policies:
Displays the IP Address Authorization settings from the Edit Policy Settings page.DOS Prevention
Denial of service prevention: Displays information for the feed attack protection settings from the Edit Policy Settings page.XDOS Prevention
XML denial of service prevention: This information comes from the policies application firewall that restricts the number of query parameters that can be passed in a request. The XDOS Prevention policy has default settings, which are not configurable.
The following information is displayed for the policies:
- Total Requests is the number of successful and unsuccessful (Allowed and Denied) requests.
- Total Errors is the number of failures in the policy:
For IP Authorization, this is the number of times a request was blocked due to an IP address denial.
For DOS Prevention and for XDOS Prevention, this is the number of times a request was blocked.
- Average Response is the average time taken to process incoming requests in seconds.
- Request Rate is requests per second.
- Fault Percentage is the number of system failures that occurred while applying the policy to incoming requests.
Catalog Usage Statistics
The following information is displayed for the catalog usage statistics:
- Catalog Usage Statistics
- Requests: Total, Requests Today, Requests Yesterday, % change in amount of requests between yesterday and today.
- Unique Requests: Total, Unique Requests Today, Unique Requests Yesterday, % change in amount of unique requests between yesterday and today
- Unique Growth: Total, Unique Growth Today, Unique Growth Yesterday, % change in the amount of unique growth between yesterday and today.
Requests refers to the amount of times an object was accessed, either feed generation or widget/page download.
Unique Requests refers to the amount of times an object was accessed by unique individuals. This means multiple object accesses by a single user, on a single day, are viewed as one Unique Request.
Unique Growth refers to the amount of new unique individuals accessing the object. Unique Growth is the sum of all unique visits for the given time span. A unique individual is defined by its IP address.
Graph of statistics for most recent month
Below the data table are three graphs of the data in the table. The bar charts map the data for the most recent month of data for Requests, Unique Requests, and Unique Growth.
Information displayed in the charts is from the most recent month and does not represent all data available.
Parent topic: Catalog statistics