Adding mashup pages to your web pageAdded by IBM on May 19, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|This topic describes how to add mashup pages to your web page.
This topic describes how to add mashup pages to your web page.
About this task
Sometimes, you may want to embed an entire mashup page into your web page. This is especially useful when you want to embed a set of wired widgets that pass data based on events that are triggered within the widgets. From a visual perspective, when you embed mashup pages, you essentially embed everything below the palette in the mashup builder.
By default, mashup pages that you embed into your web page are secured and can only be accessed by authenticated users. If unauthenticated users attempt to access embedded mashup pages, they will be prompted to log into the Mashup Center server before being allowed to see the mashup page.
- Open the mashup page that you want to add to your web page.
- Click Actions -> Display on a Web page to open the embedding window.
- Adjust the width and height as needed. The values for the width and height indicate the size of the frame around your mashup page, not the mashup page itself. If the values exceed the size of the mashup page, a portion of the frame will display as white space around the mashup page. If the values are less than the size of the mashup page, a portion of the mashup page will get cropped from view. To allow your mashup page to fill the width of the frame that will contain it on your web page, select Auto width. By default, the width is 750 pixels, and the height is 850 pixels. Also specify whether or not to include scroll bars.
- Click Preview to preview the mashup page. If you want the Preview window to open by default every time you open the embedding dialog box, select Always open preview by default. Note that you cannot edit the mashup page in the Preview window.
- If you are satisfied with the mashup page and do not need to make any further changes, copy the markup.
- Open the source code of your web page and paste the code into your preferred location.
- Close the embedding dialog box. The Preview window automatically closes.
Parent topic: Adding widgets and mashup pages to your web pages