Creating new pages for spacesAdded by IBM on May 19, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|This topic describes how to add pages to your spaces. Pages contained within spaces automatically inherit permissions for the space, but you can change permissions on a page-by-page basis.
This topic describes how to add pages to your spaces. Pages contained within spaces automatically inherit permissions for the space, but you can change permissions on a page-by-page basis.
- To open the space manager, click Space Manager at the top of the mashup builder.
- In the space manager, locate the space that you want to modify with a new page. For information about filtering spaces in the space manager, see Displaying and filtering spaces in the space manager.
- Beside the space name, click Actions.
- In the menu, click Create Page. This action opens the Create Page window.
- In the Page name field, type the name of the new page.
- In the Page description field, type a brief description of the new page.
- Select one the following three options:
To select a theme for your page, scroll through the options on the right side of the Create Page window. For more information about page themes, see Customizing pages with content, styles, and layouts.
- Create an empty page: This option creates a space with an empty page. The page is considered empty because it does not contain any widgets yet.
- Create a page by duplicating another page: If you select this option, a field of available pages displays, and you can select the page that you want to duplicate. You can only duplicate other pages contained within the same space.
Note: When duplicating an existing page, if that page contains a hierarchy of child pages, the child pages do not automatically get duplicated. Only the parent page is duplicated.
- Add a page from the catalog: When you select this option, you can select a page that currently exists in the catalog and bring it into your space.
Now, your new page is part of the selected space.
Parent topic: Working with pages in spaces