Publishing pages to the catalogAdded by IBM on May 19, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|When publishing mashup pages to the catalog, you can either publish the URL of the page on the Mashup Center server or you can upload the entire page definition and all its artifacts, including all the properties you have set for that page as well as all the widgets on the page, including their configurations and wiring properties.
When publishing mashup pages to the catalog, you can either publish the URL of the page on the Mashup Center server or you can upload the entire page definition and all its artifacts, including all the properties you have set for that page as well as all the widgets on the page, including their configurations and wiring properties.
About this task
To publish a mashup page to the catalog, do the following steps:
- Open the page that you want to publish.
- Click Actions -> Publish Page.
- In the dialog box, do the following steps:
- In the Title field, type the name of the page. The page name that you gave it when you created it displays in the field by default.
- In the Description field, type a brief description of the page. Your description displays in the details view of the page in the catalog.
- In the Version field, type a page version. By default, the version is 1.0.
- In the Tags field, type one or more tags that relate to the page. Tags are a useful way for users to search and find your page in the catalog.
- In the Permissions section, select either Public or Private. If you select Public, the page displays in the catalog for all users, regardless of the permissions set on the page. If you select Private, the page displays in the catalog for you only, and no other users can see it.
- In the Sharing Method section, select one of the following two options:
- Publish page as URL: Select this option to publish a reference to the page as a fully qualified URL instead of uploading files. When users access the page in the catalog, they have the option to view the page in a browser (if they have view permission) and add the URL to their favorites. They will not be able to modify the page or add it to the mashup builder.
- Publish page definition and artifacts: Select this option to upload the mashup page package as a ZIP file. When users access the page in the catalog and add it to the mashup builder, the page definition and all the artifacts associated with the page, including preferences, get deployed and installed on the Mashup Center server. A new page node is created, and now the user has owner privileges. Users can also add the page to Business Space.
To confirm that the page published successfully, open the catalog and view the list of recently added pages. If the catalog is already open, you may need to refresh your browser.
Parent topic: Working with pages