Before the In-basket widget can be used, you must specify the role for which in-baskets are to be displayed in the widget. You can configure the In-basket widget to set a specific role. Alternatively, you can wire the Receive Role event to the In-basket widget to pass in the role.
Before you begin
Before you can configure the In-basket widget, you must perform the following tasks by using Process Designer or Process Configuration Console:
- Create the queue that will hold the work items for your application.
- Configure the in-baskets that will filter the work items in the queue.
- Create the application space that is to contain the roles and their properties for your application.
- Configure the roles to specify which users can access specific types of work items.
About this task
You can configure the In-basket widget if you own the page that the widget is on or have permission to edit the page.
To configure the In-basket widget:
- Change to edit mode and then click Edit Settings on the widget menu.
- Specify the application space name:
- Click Advanced.
- Enter the name of the application space exactly as it is defined in Process Engine.
- Optional: Select the Do not open step processor in a new page check box to use single-page mode. In single-page mode, you place the step processor widgets on the same page as the In-basket widget. If you do not select this check box, you must place the step processor widgets on a separate step processor page.
- Set and save the configuration options:
|Number of work items to display per page||Specify the maximum number of work items to be displayed on each page in the In-basket widget. The user can page through the list to view additional work items.|
You can enter a number from 1 to 150.
|Select a role||Optional: Select the role for which the assigned in-baskets are to be displayed in the In-basket widget. The available roles are determined by the application space configuration.|
Do not select a role if the role is to be passed in an event from another widget.
Parent topic: Configuring the Inbasket widget : ECM Widgets 188.8.131.52
Customizing the widget popup menu : ECM Widgets 184.108.40.206
Events for the Inbasket widget : ECM Widgets 220.127.116.11
Create an application space