Configuring the Toolbar widgetAdded by IBM on June 11, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You configure the Toolbar widget to add the action widgets that are to be included as options in the Actions menu. You can add either custom action widgets that you define or the action widgets that are provided with IBM® ECM Widgets: Launch Process, Launch Process (eForm), and Open Web Page.
You configure the Toolbar widget to add the action widgets that are to be included as options in the Actions
menu. You can add either custom action widgets that you define or the action widgets that are provided with IBM® ECM Widgets: Launch Process, Launch Process (eForm), and Open Web Page.
Before you begin
If you want to add a custom action widget to the Toolbar widget, you must first create and register the action widget.
About this task
You can configure the Toolbar widget if you own the page that the widget is on or have permission to edit the page.
To add an action widget to the Toolbar widget:
- Change to edit mode and then click Edit Settings on the widget menu.
- Click Add.
- In the Menu Label field, enter the text that is to be displayed in the Actions menu for this action.
- From the Action Type list, select a custom action or select one of the following ECM action widgets:
|Launch Process||Creates a new work item for a configured workflow or for a workflow that a user selects from a list.|
You must select either a specific workflow process that is to be used to create the new work item or select Any Workflow. If you select Any Workflow, the user is given the option to select a transferred workflow.
|Launch Process (eForms)||Creates a new work item that is associated with an eForm. This action requires a URL of a workflow policy. |
You must enter the URL of the workflow policy launch step that is associated with an eForm. To copy the URL from Workplace XT:
- Log in to Workplace XT.
- Navigate to the workflow policy to be launched.
- Right-click the object, select More Actions, then select Show Hyperlink to display the URL for the object.
- In the Show Hyperlink window, select the appropriate workflow policy version.
- Copy the URL.
|Open Web Page||Opens the specified Web page in a separate browser window.|
You must enter the URL for the Web page that is to be opened when the user selects this action.
You cannot use the Launch Process (eForm) action widget and the Open Web Page action widget interchangeably. Instead, you use the Launch Process (eForm) action widget to start a workflow and use the Open Web Page action widget to open a Web page in a browser window.
- The Launch Process (eForm) action widget is not designed to open an arbitrary Web page. If you attempt to do so, the widget cannot find the necessary parameters to render a launch step of an eForm workflow, and it will display a message about the URL formatted incorrectly. A properly configured Launch Process (eForm) action widget renders an eForm workflow launch step in a separate window.
- The Open Web Page action widget is designed to display Web pages; it is not designed to start an eForm workflow. If you attempt to do so, the widget displays an eForm workflow launch step in a Dojo modal dialog, from which a workflow cannot be started.
Parent topic: Toolbar widget : ECM Widgets 18.104.22.168