Creating and managing step processor pagesAdded by IBM on June 11, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|In this example, a business analyst creates step processor pages for an application that is used to process loan applications.
In this example, a business analyst creates step processor pages for an application that is used to process loan applications.
About this task
In this example, the IBM® ECM Widgets application is created by using Business Space powered by WebSphere®. However, the same type of application can be created by using IBM Lotus® Mashups.
This example focuses on creating the step processor pages that are required for processing loan applications. In Business Space, the business analyst completes the following steps:
- From the Space Manager window, the business analyst clicks Actions -> Create Page for the Loan Application Step Processors space.
- In the Create Page window, the business analyst:
- Specifies a name for the page, Create Loan Application.
- Enters a description for the page, This step processor page is used to create new loan applications.
- Specifies to create a new page by duplicating the Step Processor - Sample 3 page. The Step Processor - Sample 3 page contains a step processor with a Header widget, a Work Data eForm widget, and a Step Completion widget.
- Clicks OK.
- From the Space Manager page, the business analyst expands the Loan Application Step Processors space and clicks Actions -> Share to identify the users who need to view and edit the step processor page. Then the business analyst clicks Save.
- From the Create Loan Application page, the business analyst:
- Clicks Edit Page.
- Adds the Attachment widget to the Create Loan Application page, which enables users to attach the loan applications to work items.
- Clicks Save and then Finish Editing.
- The business analyst registers the step processor page in the Process Engine.
When the application is deployed, this step processor page is displayed when users create a new loan application.
Parent topic: Creating a solution with IBM ECM Widgets example : ECM Widgets 220.127.116.11
Previous topic: Creating a space example : ECM Widgets 18.104.22.168
Next topic: Processing work items example : ECM Widgets 22.214.171.124