Creating spacesAdded by IBM on June 11, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|As a business analyst, you can create spaces in a mashup environment, such as Business Space powered by WebSphere® or IBM® Lotus® Mashups, after you configure and edit workflows, roles and in-baskets in Process Designer.
As a business analyst, you can create spaces in a mashup environment, such as Business Space powered by WebSphere® or IBM® Lotus® Mashups, after you configure and edit workflows, roles and in-baskets in Process Designer.
About this task
To create a space for use with IBM ECM Widgets:
- From the Space Manager, click Create Space.
- Enter a name for the new space. If you are creating an application space, enter a name such as Account Processing. If you are creating a space to manage step processors, enter a name such as Account Processing Step Processors.
- Enter a description for the new space.
- Select Create a new space using a template or Duplicate an existing space by using the following descriptions. Then, click OK.
Select a space style.
Select a space icon.
From the Space Manager, click your space, then Actions and Share to share the space with users and groups. Groups must be the same as the groups that are assigned to FileNet® P8 roles.
- Create a new space using a template: Creates the space with predefined pages included. Select a template.
- If you are creating a space for managing step processors, use the ECM - Step Processors template, which includes sample step processor pages.
- If you are creating a space for selecting work items, you can use the ECM – Processing Work template, which includes pages with in-basket and toolbar widgets.
- Duplicate an existing space: Select an existing space and apply the template from that selected space.
Save the space.
If using the ECM - Step Processors template, the space contains sample step processors pages.
If you are creating an application space, configure the role for the In-basket.
- If you are creating a space for managing step processors, do not make the space viewable by end users. Only the step processor pages within the space need to be made viewable by your end users.
To add additional widgets, click Edit Page. Select a widget, then click the plus sign to add it to the page.
After adding additional widgets, click Finish Editing.
- Click Edit Page.
- Select the In-basket widget and then Edit Settings.
- Select a role.
- Click OK in the In-basket editing panel.
- Click Save.
- Click Finish Editing.
What to do next
You can customize the space for your application by creating new pages or modifying the pages that are provided by the ECM templates.
If you are creating a space to manage step processor pages, you can create new pages or modify the sample pages that are provided by the ECM template.
Parent topic: Creating an application with IBM ECM Widgets : ECM Widgets 126.96.36.199