You can customize the pop-up menu for the Content List widget or In-basket widget by adding actions.
Before you begin
The menu action that you are adding to the Content List widget or In-basket widget must be implemented by a custom widget. This custom widget must be registered in your mashup environment before you can wire it to the Content List widget or In-basket widget. You must also drag the custom widget onto the same page as the In-basket or Content List widget. You can hide the custom widget so that it cannot be seen by end users.
To add the action to the pop-up menu, you need the following information:
- The name to display in the pop-up menu for this custom action
- The name of the event that is used for this the action
- Whether the custom widget enables the user to select multiple items to be processed by the action
About this task
To add the custom action to the pop-up menu:
- Change to edit mode and then click Edit Settings on the widget menu.
- Click the Menu Customization tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Menu Label field, enter the text that is to be displayed in the pop-up menu for this action. The maximum length of the label is 30 characters.
- In the Event field, enter the name of the event in your custom widget that handles this action. The maximum length of the event name is 100 characters.
- If the custom widget permits users to apply this action to more than one item at a time, select Allow users to select multiple documents for this action.
- Click Edit Wiring on the widget menu.
- Wire the event you specified in step 5 to the custom widget that carries out the action when a user selects the action from the pop-up menu.
Parent topic: Configuring the Inbasket widget : ECM Widgets 188.8.131.52
Parent topic: Configuring the Content List widget : ECM Widgets 184.108.40.206
Configuring the list of documents : ECM Widgets 220.127.116.11
Configuring content displayed for the Inbasket widget : ECM Widgets 18.104.22.168