You must design a form template correctly to ensure that eForm content displays correctly in the Work Data eForm widget.
You create a form template, which is an .itx file, by using FileNet® P8 eForms Designer. You save the template to a Content Engine object store from the FileNet P8 eForms Designer or from Workplace XT. You then configure the Work Data eForm widget to point to your form template by copying and pasting the link to the form template from Workplace XT.
The Work Data eForm widget displays the eForm template that you have configured. Fields in the eForm are mapped to the work item data fields by matching the form field name to the workflow data field name.
The Work Data eForm widget provides the following features that are not available in the Work Data widget:
- Customizable UI through eForms Designer
- Ability to embed scripts, calculations, custom controls
- Multiple tabbed-page view
- Creation of high-resolution paper copies (PDF)
Use the following guidelines when you design a form template that is to be used by the Work Data eForm widget:
- Ensure that the form field name and type match the corresponding work item data field name and type exactly.
The widget maps the translated Name property of the workflow data field to either the Cell Name property or Display Name property in the eForm. The widget first checks the translated Name property against the Cell Name property. If no match is found, the widget checks the translated Name property against the Display Name property.
- Set the page size of the form to fit within the expected dimensions of the widget.
- Use short page names so that the page tab labels are readable within the widget view.
- Choose font styles and color styles that match the other widgets in your environment. The Work Data eForm widget renders these styles as they are defined in the template.
- If the eForm must be displayed in multiple languages, create a form template for each language type. Then assign the form template to a workflow with a matching language type.
This step is required because FileNet P8 eForms does not support the multilingual workflow environment.
You do not need to create form policies, entry templates, and other documents that are related to FileNet P8 eForms. These objects are not used in the Work Data eForm widget implementation.
Parent topic: Work Data eForm widget : ECM Widgets 220.127.116.11