IBM® Enterprise Content Management Widgets is a collection of portable, reusable components, also called widgets, that you can use to create user interfaces for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) applications and business process management (BPM) applications.
IBM ECM Widgets provides a set of standard ECM and business process management widgets that are based on the iWidget specification. IBM ECM Widgets components can be rapidly integrated to create applications.
You can use IBM ECM Widgets to:
- Create simple applications without additional programming
- Create custom applications by integrating custom widgets from other vendors
- Incorporate business process management functionality into ECM applications
Applications that are developed using IBM ECM Widgets are developed in a mashup environment, such as Business Space powered by WebSphere® and IBM Lotus® Mashups. The mashup environments enable business analysts to created browser-based user interfaces.
A mashup environment consists of two types of interfaces:
- An interface that enables business analysts to create and manage applications.
- An interface that enables users to complete work.
To create an application a business analyst:
- Models workflows in IBM FileNet® Process Engine workflow applications, such as Process Designer
- Creates spaces and pages in the mashup environment
- Embeds widgets on a page
- Configures the widgets that are included in the application
- Specifies which users can access a space or a page
- Deploys the interface to users
Parent topic: Designing applications with IBM ECM Widgets : ECM Widgets 126.96.36.199
Creating an application with IBM ECM Widgets
IBM ECM Widgets Reference
IBM FileNet Process Designer