In this example, a user logs in to the new Web application that she can use to review loan applications.
About this task
In this example, the user access the IBM® ECM Widgets application, which was created using Business Space powered by WebSphere®.
This example focuses on a user who reviews existing loan applications to decide whether the applicant qualifies for a loan. If she approves a loan application, the loan application is routed to her manager for a final review. To review loan applications, the user completes the following steps:
- Logs in to Business Space. The user has access to only the Pending Loan Applications space.
- Opens the page that includes her in-basket.
- Opens the first work item in her in-basket. The step processor page that enables the user to process the loan application opens in a new tab.
- Enters the appropriate data for the loan application work item and clicks Complete.
The loan application is routed to the next user in the workflow:
- If the user approves the loan application, the loan application is routed to her manager for review, so that the manager can make the final decision about the loan.
- If the user rejects the loan application, the loan application is routed to the sales department, so that the sales department can notify the customer that their loan request was not approved.
Parent topic: Creating a solution with IBM ECM Widgets example : ECM Widgets 184.108.40.206
Previous topic: Creating and managing step processor pages : ECM Widgets 220.127.116.11