Adding a feed to the mashup builder : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
To use a feed from MashupHub in the mashup builder, you specify whether to contain the feed data in the Data Viewer widget or in the Feed Reader widget.
About this task
In the mashup builder, when you open a page in edit mode, a palette displays. The palette contains several categories of widgets that you can drag directly onto your page. You can rename categories, move widgets from category to category, and more.
To add a feed to mashup builder:
- Click the title of the object to display the object details.
- Click the Add to Mashup Builder link in the list of Actions.
- If you did not log onto the mashup builder before you logged onto MashupHub, enter the logon information:
- Specify the address or URL where the mashup builder server resides. The URL is to the base of the mashup builder Web site. For example, if you log on to the mashup builder at this URL https://myserver.myco.com:9080/mum/enabler, you specify this location https://myserver.myco.com:9080/mum.
- If the mashup builder server is in a different administrative domain, enter your user ID and password. Usually, if you use the same user ID and password to access the mashup builder server and MashupHub, you do not need to specify the user ID and password.
- Specify the title and description for the feed as it will be displayed in a widget in the mashup builder. Use the same title and description that you used for the feed in MashupHub or type a new title and description for the mashup builder.
- If the feed has parameters, a list of parameters is displayed. You can keep the values of the parameters or you can enter a new value for each parameter.
- Select the values for the following the mashup builder information:
Click Preview to see the feed displayed in the mashup builder widget that you selected.
- Category Accept the default destination mashup builder category or click the Category list to select a different category. After you add the feed to the mashup builder, the widget will appear in this category.
- Feed Viewer: Click Change Widget, and then scroll through the Palette categories to select a widget to display the feed.
Note: The appropriate widget depends on the type of feed you are adding to the mashup builder and how you want the information represented. The Data Viewer widget accepts feeds in RSS, Atom, or JSON array format. If you created custom elements using the data mashup builder, only the Data Viewer widget will display the information correctly. The Feed Reader widget displays the information in a browser. Both the Data Viewer widget and the Feed Reader widget are in the Favorites Palette category.
- Icon Accept the default icon or click Change Icon to select a different mashup builder icon.
Parent topic: Feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
URL parameters in registered feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Reserved MHUBLOGIN parameter : Mashup Center 2.0
Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Adding an existing feed to the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0
Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 2.0
Viewing a feed : Mashup Center 2.0
Editing feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Deleting a feed from the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0