Adding a widget to the mashup builder : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
You can add an iWidget from the catalog to the mashup builder.
About this task
To add a widget to the mashup builder:
- Click the title of the object to display the object details.
- Select the Add to Mashup Builder link in the list of Actions.
Note: When the widget is registered in the catalog, if a URL to the widget is specified, instead of uploading the widget, the action Download Widget appears instead of Add to Mashup Builder. When you click the Download Widget action, a browser window opens to display the widget from the Web site where it resides.
- You must specify the address or URL where the mashup builder server resides. The URL is to the base of the mashup builder Web site. For example, if you log on to the mashup builder at this URL https://myserver.myco.com:9443/mum/enabler, you specify this location https://myserver.myco.com:9443/mum.
- You only have to specify your userid and password if the mashup builder server is in a different administrative domain. Usually, if you use the same userid and password to access the mashup builder server and MashupHub, you do not need to specify the userid and password.
- You can specify the title and description for the page that is displayed in the mashup builder.
- You can select a category that best represents the widget. The categories correspond to the palette categories in the mashup builder. The widget is placed in the palette that you select.
Parent topic: Widgets : Mashup Center 2.0
Downloading a widget from the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0
Uploading a widget to the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0
Replacing a widget in the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0
Editing the details for a widget : Mashup Center 2.0
Deleting a widget from the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0