Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
When you add an existing feed, you add metadata information to access that feed and you register the feed in the catalog. The feed itself remains on the Internet or intranet site.
Before you begin
The feed must be in the RSS or Atom syndication format.
About this task
To add an existing feed to the catalog:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select Existing RSS or Atom Feed (Registration) from the list of data sources.
- Click Next.
- Specify the URL for the feed.
- Optional: If the feed requires the user to provide a user ID and password before viewing the feed, check Requires authentication. Then select the authentication method from the drop-down box. The feed registration supports HTTP basic authentication and form-based authentication.
Enter the feed details. See Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 2.0.
- Basic authentication
When you select the HTTP basic authentication, additional fields appear in the window so that you can enter the user ID and password.
- Form-based authentication
When you select form-based authentication, the window is expanded with additional fields. Following are the required
- The user ID.
- The password.
- The form user ID name. This is the form attribute name. For example, j_username.
- The form password name. This is the password form attribute name. For example j_password.
- The login URL that performs the form POST action. For example, https://localhost:9443/webappname/j_security_check.
Following are optional
- The logout URL.
- Form Data. Use this field to enter additional data required by the form. Enter the data as a list of key and value pairs separated by the ampersand character (&). For example, cmd=LogIn&action=redirect.
After you save the feed, click View Feed in Browser
. The results appear in a new tab or window in the browser.
If the feed includes parameters, you can confirm or edit the parameters in the URL parameter screen.
You might need to view the page source from the browser to see all the information in the feed. For example, in Firefox select View
-> Page Source
Parent topic: Feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
URL parameters in registered feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Reserved MHUBLOGIN parameter : Mashup Center 2.0
Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 2.0
Viewing a feed : Mashup Center 2.0
Editing feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Adding a feed to the mashup builder : Mashup Center 2.0
Deleting a feed from the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0