Adding objects to the mashup builder from the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: Creating mashups : Mashup Center 2.0
You can reuse and extend public objects such as pages, spaces, widgets, and feeds that are stored in the catalog. Some objects in the catalog are available by default, and others have been published by other users.
About this task
To search for and add objects from the catalog to the mashup builder, do the following steps:
- Open the catalog. From the mashup builder, you can open the catalog from the main actions menu or by clicking the catalog icon Button that opens catalog in new browser.
- Optional: To find a particular object, use the search feature. You can narrow the search to particulatr types of objects by clicking the down arrow beside the search field and selecting the object type. If you know the name of the object that you want to add, type the keyword in the search field, and click the search icon. The results display in the list.
- Hover your cursor over the object in the list.
- Click Add to and then select Mashup Builder.
- In the Add to Mashup Builder window, edit the fields as desired. You can change the name, description, feed URL, default icon, and the category in the palette where the new object will live. You can also change the type of widget that you want to use to display the contents of the object.
- Click Finish. A message displays to let you know that the object was added to the mashup builder successfully.
- To confirm that the object was added successfully, go back to the mashup builder, refresh the page, and then open the category that you selected. The object should display in the category.