Adding widgets to your Web page : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: Creating mashups : Mashup Center 2.0
This topic describes how to add widgets to your Web page.
About this task
When adding widgets to a Web page, you work with widgets in the Mashup Center palette. You can edit settings for the widgets in the palette and then save those settings during the embedding process. This means that you can embed the entire widget definition, including any formatting, feed URLs, and other settings you have configured for the widget. Note that you can embed multiple widgets in your page, but the widgets will not be wired together. If you want to embed two or more wired widgets, you must first add them to a mashup page, wire them, and then embed the entire mashup page definition into your Web page. The next section describes how to do this.
- In edit mode, open a category in the palette to show a list of widgets.
- Hover your cursor over the widget that you want to add, and click the menu options icon Menu options icon.
- Select Add to Web page. This opens the embedding dialog box.
- To edit the widget settings, click Edit Settings. Note that settings vary, depending on the widget.
- Save your settings and return to the embedding dialog box.
- Adjust the width, height, and scroll bar status as needed. By default, the width is 400 pixels, the height is 500 pixels, and the scroll bars are enabled.
- To refresh the markup with your new changes, click Refresh Markup.
- Click Preview to preview the widget. If you want the Preview window to open by default every time you open the embedding dialog box, select Always open preview by default. Note that you cannot edit the widget in the Preview window.
- If you need to make additional changes to the widget, repeat steps 4-8.
- If you are satisfied with the widget and do not need to make any further changes, copy the markup to your clipboard.
- Open the source code of your Web page and paste the code into the desired location.
- Close the embedding dialog box. The Preview window automatically closes.
Parent topic: Adding widgets and mashup pages to your Web pages : Mashup Center 2.0