Completing the prerequisites for upgrading : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM | Edited by Anna G O'Neal on February 26, 2011 | Version 8 (Show original)
Contents: Planning, installing, and configuring Mashup Center : Mashup Center 2.0
This topic explains the prerequisites that are necessary for upgrading to Mashup Center 2.0.
Before you begin
In order to complete these steps, your current version of Mashup Center must be 126.96.36.199. To determine the version that is currently installed on your machine, locate the following log file: MashupCenter_install_root/version.txt
. If you have an earlier version, upgrade to Mashup Center 188.8.131.52 before completing the following prerequisites. See the IBM Mashup Center fix pack 184.108.40.206 readme file
for more information.
- Install Mashup Center 2.0 on the same machine where version 220.127.116.11 is installed. Be sure to use the same administrator ID and password that you used for version 18.104.22.168. For more information about installing Mashup Center 2.0, see Installing : Mashup Center 2.0.
- When using database persistence, configure your database, for example DB2®. You will not be able to switch the type of database or data persistence after upgrading.
- Locate MashupCenter_install_root\\mm\\config\\ConfigService.properties, and confirm that the values are synchronized with the runtime values in WebSphere Application Server. To access the WebSphere Application Server runtime values, open the administrative console, and go to Resources -> Resource Environment -> Resource Environment Providers -> Mashups ConfigService -> Custom properties. If the values are not synchronized, update ConfigService.properties.
- Stop the Mashup Center 22.214.171.124 server.
- On the Mashup Center 2.0 server, locate MashupCenter_install_root\\Config\\config.properties, and modify the following properties:
- MashupAdmin: Change this value to the user ID that you specified when installing Mashup Center.
- MashupPass: Change this value to the password that you specified when installing Mashup Center.
- Mashup11AppServerDir: Change this value to the AppServer directory where Mashup Center 126.96.36.199 is installed, for example C:/Program Files/IBM/Mashup Center/1.1/AppServer.
- MashupDomains: Change this value to a comma-separated list of domains that may be part of absolute URLs stored within the Mashup Center data. These are domain names or IP addresses that were used when connecting to Mashup Center 188.8.131.52, for example computername, computername and company.com. Absolute URLs within mashup pages that contain these values will get updated to reference the new ports.
- For Lotus® Mashups, when using file-based persistence, manually copy the files from MashupCenter184.108.40.206_install_root\\mm\\public to MashupCenter2.0_install_root\\mm\\public. No action is required for database persistence.
- To migrate the MashupHub data source that you defined for Mashup Center 220.127.116.11, do the following steps:
- Manually create a data source for WebSphere Application Server 7.0 that points to an existing MashupHub. database. The data will be copied from this database. The name of the data source should be hubdb_1.1, and the JNDI name should be jdbc/MashupHub/hubdb_1.1.
- For databases that are not Derby databases, do the following steps to use the Migrate MashupHub Database option to prepare the target database:
- Log in to MashupHub as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top, right side of the window.
- On the Migrate MashupHub Database page, specify the target database connection information for the database that will receive the 1.1 data. The database must be the same type. Also, when selecting a schema for the MashupHub 2.0 database, enter the same schema that was used for version 18.104.22.168.
- Click Migrate. A message displays to indicate that the migration was successful.
- Log out and close the browser window.
- You may experience an out-of-memory error during the migration process. If an error message displays, you may be able to fix the problem by doing only one of the following steps. If you do not get an error message, then do both of the steps to ensure that the problem gets solved. Then try the migration again.
- To change your JVM heap size setting, navigate to MashupCenter_install_root\\AppServer\\Bin\\WASPreUpgrade.bat (Windows) or MashupCenter_install_root/AppServer/Bin/WASPreUpgrade.sh (Linux), locate the line that contains either PERFJAVAOPTION or PERF_JVM_OPTIONS, and change the number after -Xmx, for example 1024.
- If a memory error occurs when running migrate-data or migrate-was, open the WebSphere Application Server administrative console and increase the maximum heap size for WebSphere Application Server 6.1 and Mashup Center 22.214.171.124. For more information, see Configuring the JVM in the WebSphere Application Server Information Center.
Parent topic: Upgrading : Mashup Center 2.0
Previous topic: Known issues with upgrading : Mashup Center 2.0
Next topic: Running the configuration task single server : Mashup Center 2.0