Creating a feed from SAP Application Functions : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
You can create a new Atom feed from SAP application functions.
Before you begin
About this task
To create a feed from SAP application functions:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select SAP Application Functions and click Next.
- Enter values in the text boxes for the parameters. Use the checkbox to the right of each parameter to indicate if a different value for the parameter can be specified when the feed is run from the View Feed in Browser link in the Details page in the catalog or when the feed is accessed through a URL from outside of MashupHub, such as from a widget in the mashup builder. When the feed is run, a window appears that displays the default values. The feed user can specify a different value for the parameter. The new value becomes a parameter on the URL. Any parameter that is a password cannot be designated as a prompt parameter:
- Optional: In the Number of Results field, type the maximum number of entries that you want returned when the SAP feed is run. The default value is 20.
- In the AppServer field, type the name of the SAP application server.
- In the SysNumber field, type the SAP R/3 system number for R/3 connection. For example, 00.
- In the Client field, type the SAP R/3 Logon client for R/3 connection. For example, 100.
- In the Language field, type the language for R/3 connection. This is the two letter ISO locale code. The default is EN for English.
- In the Login field, type the SAP R/3 userid for R/3 connection.
- In the Password field, type the password that is associated with the userid that you specified in the Login field.
- In the BAPI RFC field, type the Business APIs (BAPI) Remote Function Call (RFC) that you want to use. If the RFC has input parameters, click Add Parameter for each input, and enter the name and default value of the input. Examples of BAPI RFCs are:
rfc = BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST
CUSTOMER_NUMBER = 0007009733
SALES_ORGANIZATION = 0483
rfc = BAPI_ISAORDER_GETDETAILEDLIST
I_BAPI_VIEW = XX
SALESDOCUMENT = 0025001627
SAP numerical inputs might require you to type leading zeroes. Contact your SAP server administrator for more information about the available BAPI rfc and input values for the SAP application.
- Click Next.
- Enter the feed details. See Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 2.0.
After you save the feed, click View Feed in Browser
. The results appear in a new tab or window in the browser.
The number of items in the Atom feed is limited by the value that you specified in the Number of Results
You might need to view the page source from the browser to see all the information in the feed. For example, in Firefox select View
-> Page Source
Sample of the format for SAP feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
The output for a SAP feed is in Atom format. The output returned by executing the BAPI RFC call is placed in a single entry within the Atom feed. The output consists of the following structures: imports, exports and tables. The data within each structure can vary and depends on the BAPI RFC definition.
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Tivoli Directory Integrator feed types in MashupHub : Mashup Center 2.0