Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
You can create a new Atom feed from a CSV file.
Before you begin
The CSV file must be in the UTF-8 format
About this task
To create a feed from a CSV file:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select Comma Separated Value File and click Next.
- If the CSV file contains a row of column labels, select Yes for the Is the first row a row of headings or labels? parameter.
- Optional: In the Delimiter field, if the delimiter is a comma, there is no need to specify the delimiter. If the delimiter is a character other than a comma, type the delimiter. For example, if the delimiter is a space, click inside the Delimiter field and press the space bar on the keyboard.
- Indicate the input type of the file by selecting either Upload File or Upload URL. Specify the location of the file and click Next. If you select Upload URL, the remote CSV file will be transferred to the MashupHub server and used to create the Atom feed. If the remote CSV file is updated, the updates will be downloaded automatically the next time the Atom feed is accessed. If the remote CSV file becomes inaccessible or is removed, then the copy maintained by the MashupHub server will be used to generate the Atom feed.
- Enter the feed details. See Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 2.0.
After you save the feed, click View Feed in Browser
. The results appear in a new tab or window in the browser.
You might need to view the page source from the browser to see all the information in the feed. For example, in Firefox select View
-> Page Source
The Restaurants Excel and CSV Feed
example uses an Excel and CSV file containing names and addresses of restaurants in Northern California to create a feed.
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 2.0