Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
You can create a new Atom feed from a Microsoft®
Access database by using the output from an Access query. The results of the Access query, which are represented as a table, are exported as an XML document and saved on your local computer.
Before you begin
- The source must be an XML document that is exported from an Access query. Any version of Access, from Access 97 through Access 2007 is supported.
- Access .XLSX files are not supported
- The results of the Access query, represented as a table, must be exported as an XML document and saved on a computer that you have access to:
- Open Microsoft Access and verify that the tables which are required for the query exist in the Access database.
- Create and run the Access query to generate the result set.
- Select the query results table and click File -> Export.
- In the Save as Type field, select XML.
- Type a name for the file and select Export. You are prompted for the type of information that you want to export. Specify Data. Save the file on your local computer.
About this task
To create a feed from Microsoft Access:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select Access Data File from the list of data sources and click Next.
- Select the input type:
Enter the feed details. See Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 2.0.
- Upload File The Access file is on your local computer or another computer that you have access to. Upload the file by entering or browsing to the file in the Filepath field.
- Upload URL The Access file is on an Internet or intranet site. Enter the URL in the URL field.
The remote Access file will be transferred to the MashupHub server and used to create the Atom feed. If the remote Access file is updated, the updates will be downloaded automatically the next time the Atom feed is accessed. If the remote Access file becomes inaccessible or is removed, then the copy maintained by the MashupHub server will be used to generate the Atom feed.
After you save the feed, click View Feed in Browser
. The results appear in a new tab or window in the browser.
You might need to view the page source from the browser to see all the information in the feed. For example, in Firefox select View
-> Page Source
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 2.0