Creating a feed from an IMS application or database : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
You can create a feed from an IMS application or an IMS database.
Before you begin
To create an IMS feed from an IMS database, you must have:
- IBM® IMS Version 11 with integrated IMS Connect.
- IBM IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plug-in.
This plug-in must be properly installed into Eclipse, IBM Rational®
Developer for System z®
, or other integrated development environment, with Java runtime environment (JRE) or Java development kit (JDK) Version 6.
Because IMS databases are hierarchical rather than relational, the database structure must be translated into a database view metadata file that MashupHub can use and understand. The IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plug-in is used to generate a database view metadata file from your IMS source files.
The plug-in can be downloaded from the IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plug-in Web site at http://www.ibm.com/software/data/ims/toolkit/dlimodelutility/
. It needs to be installed into Eclipse, IBM Rational Developer for System z, or other integrated development environment.
The generated Java class file must be compiled with Java 6. Java 6 is required for runtime compatibility with the embedded WebSphere Application Server Version 7.
- IMS source files, including the program specification blocks (PSBs) and database descriptions (DBDs).
PSBs and DBDs contain the information about the database, and must be copied or transferred over by using the FTP protocol to the distributed environment that is accessible by the IMS Enterprise Suite DLIModel utility plug-in.
To create an IMS feed from an IMS application, you must have:
- A minimum of IBM IMS Version 10 integrated with IMS Connect Version 10
- IBM Rational Developer for System z Version 7.5 or later
Use Rational Developer for System z to create an IMS Web 2.0 project and generate the correlator file that correlates the input and output data structures from the IMS application with the appropriate XML format that the feed server understands. The tool also generates the XML converter driver that you deploy to IMS Connect, so IMS Connect can convert the responses and requests between IBM Mashup Center and IMS.
About this task
- Create an IMS feed from an IMS application by selecting IMS Transaction as the feed source on the feed creation page.
- Create an IMS feed from an IMS database by selecting Enterprise Database (JDBC) as the feed source on the feed creation page, and select IMS as the database type.
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 2.0