Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
You can create a new Atom feed from an LDAP directory server.
Before you begin
The source must be an LDAP directory server, Version 2 or 3.
About this task
To create a feed from an LDAP directory:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select LDAP Directory and click Next.
- Enter values in the text boxes for the parameters. Use the checkbox to the right of each parameter to indicate if a different value for the parameter can be specified when the feed is run from the View Feed in Browser link in the Details page in the catalog or when the feed is accessed through a URL from outside of MashupHub, such as from a widget in the mashup builder. When the feed is run, a window displays the default values. The feed user can specify a different value for the parameter. The new value becomes a parameter on the URL. Any parameter that is a password cannot be designated as a prompt parameter:
- Optional: In the Number of Results field, type the maximum number of entries that you want returned when the LDAP feed is run. The default value is 20.
- In the LDAP URL field, type the address of the LDAP directory server.
- Optional: In the Login field, type the userid to connect to the LDAP directory server.
- Optional: In the Password field, type the password that is associated with the userid that you specified in the Login field.
- In the Search Base field, type the base DN (distinguished name). The base DN is the root node of the directory tree where you want the search to begin. An example of the format of the value for the Search Base is o=myOrganization,c=US. Contact the administrator of the LDAP directory for the appropriate base DN value to use for the LDAP server.
- Optional: Use the Search Filter Helper to create the value for the Search Filter field. Type a value and choose Recalculate. Specify additional conditions as necessary. When the Working Copy value is complete, use the Copy Up button to add the value to the Search Filter field.
- Click Next.
- Enter the feed details. See Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 2.0.
After you save the feed, click View Feed in Browser
. The results appear in a new tab or window in the browser.
The number of items in the Atom feed is limited by the value that you specified in the Number of Results
You might need to view the page source from the browser to see all the information in the feed. For example, in Firefox select View
-> Page Source
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Tivoli Directory Integrator feed types in MashupHub : Mashup Center 2.0