Creating an IBM Optim archive feed : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
Use the results from an Optim archive query to create an Atom feed. Use SQL to query the archived data. The feed is created from the data that is returned in the query result set.
Before you begin
Connections between MashupHub and an Optim data source have restrictions and requirements. For information about the setup procedure, see Configuring MashupHub for enterprise database feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
About this task
To create a feed from an Optim archive:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select IBM Optim Archive and click Next.
- In the Connection Profile field, select a database connection profile that is already known to MashupHub or select New to create a new profile.
If you edit the connection profile, all feeds that use the profile are affected. Before you edit a profile, ensure that the database schema is the same and that no dependent feeds will be broken.
If you grant Edit permission for a database feed to another user, that user can change the profile, which will change the properties for all the feeds that use that profile.
- If you select a known profile, the remaining fields are automatically filled in.
- For a new connection profile, in the Connection Profile Name field, type the new profile name.
- In the Connection Type field, select Driver Manager (Non-managed Connection) or JNDI (Managed Connection):
The fields that are displayed depend on the database and the connection type that you select.
- Driver Manager (Non-managed Connection): Connects to the database using the JDBC DriverManager interface. Connection management is not handled by WebSphere Application Server, but through the API.
- In the Database Name field, type the name of the data source for an Optim archive that contains the tables that you want to generate the feed from.
- In the Host field, enter the hostname or IP address of the data source for the Optim archive.
- Optional: In the Port field, type the port number.
- In the Username field, enter the userid that you use to connect to the host containing the data source for the Optim archive.
- In the Password field, enter the password that is associated with the userid that you use to connect to the host containing the data source for the Optim archive.
- JNDI (Managed Connection): Requires the specification of the JNDI name. With managed connections, a connection factory must have been defined by using the WebSphere Application Server Administrative console. This JNDI name needs to have been specified in the connection factory. The JNDI name is case-sensitive.
Restriction: Only direct JNDI names are supported. With direct JNDI names, such as jdbc/myDataSource, the application server assigns default values to the resource reference data. Indirect JNDI names require the use of an assembly tool to define the resource references. They are not supported.
- Click Next. The SQL Query Builder window opens. See Building an SQL query : Mashup Center 2.0.
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 2.0