Creating an IMS database feed : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
You create a feed from an IMS database to access and utilize the data that is available in your IMS database.
About this task
To create an IMS database feed:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select Enterprise database (JDBC) and click Next.
- In the Select field, select New to create a new database connection profile.
- In the Profile Name field, type the new profile name.
- In the Database Type field, select IMS.
- In the Connection Type field, select Driver Manager (Non-managed Connection) or JNDI (Managed Connection): Use the online help that is provided to this page for information about the differences between the two connection types and what information is required for each of the connection types.
- Click Next. The SQL Query Builder opens.
- In the SQL Query Builder, create the SQL query by selecting the tables and columns to construct a basic query. If customization or more advanced SQL query is required:
- Use the Generate SQL button to get the query that is associated with your selection of tables and columns, if you want to further refine the query.
- Click to expand the Advanced field to type or customize your SQL statement.
- See the online help for assistance and guidance information about how to formulate your SQL statement.
Restriction: Because IMS data segments are physically stored in a hierarchical database, you cannot alter, create, or drop any table.
When you are done with the SQL query, click Next.
Specify the required information to identify this feed. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
When you are done specifying the information for this feed, click Finish. You are informed that the information has been saved.
What to do next
To test or invoke the feed, see the topic on invoking and viewing an IMS feed.