Creating an IMS transaction feed : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
|No abstract provided. Tags: feeds, IMS transaction feeds, feeds, IMS transaction feeds, feeds, IMS feeds, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), feeds, IMS feeds, feeds, IMS feeds, 2.0
Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
You create an IMS transaction feed to drive an IMS transaction (a message that triggers the execution of an IMS application and the return of any result) to utilize the business logic that is built into your IMS application.
Before you begin
You must have the correlator file that is generated by IBM®
Developer for System z®
available. You must also have the connection information to the IMS host system available.
About this task
To create an IMS transaction feed:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select IMS Transaction and click Next.
- Provide the following IMS host information. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
Contact your IMS system programmer for the following IMS host information.
- For Host Name or IP Address, specify the fully qualified host name or IP address of the IMS host system.
- For Port, specify the port number where IMS Connect is running.
- For Data Store Name, specify the name of the target IMS data store. The name must match the ID parameter of the Datastore statement that is specified in the IMS Connect configuration member.
- Specify the correlator file:
- Click Browse next to the XML File field to navigate to the correlator file (an XML file) that is generated by Rational Developer for System z.
- Click the XML file and then click Open.
The full path to the file is displayed in the XML File text field.
- If you are using Resource Access Control Facility (RACF®) with IMS Connect:
Contact your IMS system programmer or security administrator for the following RACF information.
- Select the RACF check box.
- Specify the user ID, password, and group name.
Tip: The value for each of these fields must be 1- to 8- character long.
- If you are using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security:
Contact your IMS system programmer or security administrator for the following SSL information. The keystore and truststore files must be accessible from your local system.
- Use the Browse button to select the SSL keystore for client certificates or private keys. The keystore file has an extension of .ks.
- Type the keystore password.
- Use the Browse button to select the SSL truststore. The truststore file also has an extension of .ks.
- Type the truststore password.
- Select the type of cipher suite to use for encryption.
- Click Next. A list of parameters is displayed. This list is generated from the parameter information that is stored in the correlator file.
- Deselect the Show check box for the parameters that you want to hide.
By default, all parameters are exposed.
Exposed parameters are parameters whose values can be dynamically set when the feed is invoked. For example, you might want to specify a product code when you invoke an IMS feed that searches for the product information in an inventory. The corresponding check box should be selected to allow this product code parameter to be set dynamically.
Hidden parameters are parameters that only feed creators can specify a value for, and the parameter values cannot be altered when the feed is invoked. For example, an IMS transaction has a command parameter that accepts the query, update, and delete keywords. If you want to limit the IMS transaction to accept only queries, but not updates or deletion, the corresponding check box for the command parameter should be unchecked, and the default value should be set to query.
You can specify a default value for both exposed and hidden parameters. If a default value is not specified, nor is a value passed through the HTTP request, the value is set to an empty string. In this case, the XML converter that runs in IMS Connect retrieves the default values from the COBOL copybook, if they are specified, and assigns them to the parameters.
Important: Hidden parameters will always use the default values that you specify here. Values specified by users or service requestors for hidden parameters are ignored.
- Click Next to specify feed details and register the feed in the catalog.
- Specify the required information to identify this feed. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- When you are done specifying the information for this feed, click Finish. You are informed that the information has been saved.
What to do next
To test or invoke the feed, see the topic on invoking and viewing an IMS feed. To create a data mashup that filters the array output from the default IMS feed format so data from an IMS transaction feed is displayed as repeating elements, see the topic on creating a data mashup from an IMS transaction feed.
Parent topic: Creating a feed from an IMS transaction : Mashup Center 2.0
Previous topic: Deploying the XML converter driver to IMS Connect : Mashup Center 2.0