Creating new pages for spaces : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on May 17, 2010 | Version 1 (Original, Show current)
Contents: Creating mashups : Mashup Center 2.0
This topic describes how to add pages to your spaces. Pages contained within spaces automatically inherit permissions for the space, but you can change permissions on a page-by-page basis.
About this task
If you want to add a page to an existing space, and that space is already selected in the space name field, you can simply click the page selector and select Create a New Page
. The page will automatically get added to the space that is selected in the space selector.
- To open the space manager, click the down arrow beside the space name field to open the space actions menu, and click Space Manager.
- In the space manager, locate the space that you want to modify with a new page. For information about filtering spaces in the space manager, see Displaying and filtering spaces in the space manager : Mashup Center 2.0.
- Beside the space name, click Actions.
- In the menu, click Create Page. This action opens the Create Page window.
- In the Page name field, type the name of the new page.
- In the Page description field, type a brief description of the new page.
- Select one the following three options:
- Create an empty page: This option creates a space with an empty page. The page is considered empty because it does not contain any widgets yet.
- Create a page by duplicating another page: If you select this option, a field of available pages displays, and you can select the page that you want to duplicate. You can only duplicate other pages contained within the same space. Note: When duplicating an existing page, if that page contains a hierarchy of child pages, the child pages do not automatically get duplicated. Only the parent page is duplicated.
- Add a page from the catalog: When you select this option, you can select a page that currently exists in the catalog and bring it into your space.
- To select a theme for your page, scroll through the options on the right side of the Create Page window. For more information about page themes, see Working with themes and skins : Mashup Center 2.0.
- Click OK.
Now, your new page is part of the selected space.
Parent topic: Working with pages in spaces : Mashup Center 2.0