Creating spaces : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: Creating mashups : Mashup Center 2.0
This topic describes how to create a new space. At a high level, a space is a collection of related pages. Every space must contain at least one page. After you create a space, you can add pages to it, publish it to the catalog as a template, share it with others, add it to your favorites list, and more.
- Click the space selector to open the menu, and select Create a New Space. This opens the Create a New Space dialog box.
- In the Space Name field, type the name of the new space.
- In the Space Description field, type a brief description of the new space. If you publish this space to the catalog, others will be able to see the description and understand the purpose of the space.
- To make your space a favorite space, select Make this space a favorite space. Your favorite spaces are listed first in both the space selector and also in the space manager.
- Select one of the following options:
To create a default theme for all pages that you add to your space, select a theme on the right side of the dialog box. You can override this default theme on a page-by-page basis. For more information about changing page themes, see Working with themes and skins : Mashup Center 2.0.
- Create a new space from a template: This option creates a space from a template with predefined pages and widgets. When you start from a template, you can add and remove pages and widgets in the template to create your own custom space.
- Duplicate an existing space: This option creates a space that is exactly the same as one that already exists in your space selector. You can customize it as necessary.
Now, the new space name displays in your space selector and also in the space manager.
Parent topic: Working with spaces : Mashup Center 2.0