Contents: Administering Mashup Center : Mashup Center 2.0
You can customize the default URL that you use to log into Mashup Center. You can also customize the look and feel of the login screen. See Customizing the Mashup Center login screen
for more information.
Before you begin
In order to complete the following steps for this task, first locate mymashups.ear in the mm\\extra
directory of your Mashup Center installation. This EAR file is provided for you to use as a template for customizing the URL to Mashup Center as well as the look and feel of the login screen.
About this task
In the following steps, you will modify two XML files located inside the mymashups.ear file to customize the default URL of the mashup builder. By default, the URL in this format: http://hostname
/enabler, where hostname
is the server on which Mashup Center is installed, and context root
is the context root of the main application. You will also modify additional files to change the look and feel of the login screen. Finally, you will open the WebSphere Application Server administrative console and install the EAR file.
- Locate and unzip mymashups.ear in the mm\\extra folder of your Mashup Center installation directory.
- Do the following steps to change the context root from mum to a custom name:
- Open META-INF\application.xml in an editor.
- Locate the following line: .
- Delete the sample context root mymashups and replace it with your custom name.
- Save the file.
- Do the following steps to replace enabler in the Mashup Center URL:
- Unzip mymashups.war inside the EAR file that you modified in the previous step.
- Open WEB-INF\web.xml in an editor.
- Locate the following line:
- Delete /enabler and replace it with a custom name.
- Save the file.
- Do the following steps to install the newly customized EAR file:
- Open the WebSphere Application Server administrative console, and go to Applications -> Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Click Install.
- Click Browse to locate mymashups.ear.
- Continue clicking Next without changing any of the default values. You will pass through three steps in total. When you reach the final step, click Finish to save your changes.
- After the installation is complete, click Manage Applications to go back to the main application page.
- Select mymashups.ear from the list.
- Under Detail Properties, click Security role to user/group mapping.
- For the All authenticated role, confirm that All authenticated? is selected. For the everyone role, confirm that Everyone? is selected.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Back on the main application page, select mymashups.ear and click Start.
Now, you should be able to log into Mashup Center with the updated URL.