Contents: Planning, installing, and configuring Mashup Center : Mashup Center 2.0
This topic describes known issues with upgrading that you should be aware of before completing the prerequisites in the next topic.
Before you upgrade to Mashup Center 2.0, be aware of the following issues:
- Mashup Center 2.0 does not provide the Sametime and OpenStreetMap widgets. If you migrate mashup pages from version 22.214.171.124 that contain either of these widgets, the pages will not load properly and you will experience errors. As a solution, your administrator must manually download and install newer versions of these widgets, when available. Check the Mashup Center offering on the Lotus Greenhouse Web site for details.
- If you have created custom widgets that were not provided by default with Mashup Center 126.96.36.199, your administrator will need to migrate those widgets manually. For details, see the Mashup Center wiki.
- Temporary files, including logs, are saved to the mig folder that is contained within the folder defined by the Mashup11AppServerDir property. Because these temporary files are not removed automatically during the upgrade process, your administrator may want to remove them manually.
- During the upgrade process, any data sources that you have defined for Mashup Center 188.8.131.52 are automatically copied over to Mashup Center 2.0. However, the JDBC drivers that were previously added to the Mashup Center 184.108.40.206 server, for example mssql, mysql, oracle, and Optim drivers, do not automatically get migrated. As a result, your administrator will need to copy over these files to the Mashup Center 2.0 server manually. If these drivers are not copied over, feeds and mashup applications will not function.
- When using DB2®, if the amount of data is large, the database needs to be configured to use more buffer pools. If you do not configure the database to use more buffer pools, you may get the following error:
com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-1218,
SQLSTATE=57011, SQLERRMC=4099, DRIVER=3.50.152
- For more information, see Modifying buffer pools in the DB2 Information Center.
- If an error occurs during the migration, normally you can simply fix the error and try again. However, in some cases, the database has to be cleaned to avoid duplicate keys. A code exists to delete records from the Mashup Center 220.127.116.11 tables, but this code assumes the Mashup Center 2.0 tables are empty. Specifically, you may need to delete the records from spacenode and ac_resource manually, since they cascade delete actions to other tables.
- Widget developers who want to migrate custom widgets to Mashup Center 2.0 should following the guidelines for replacing private techniques with public techniques in Migrating widgets to Mashup Center 2.0 : Mashup Center 2.0.
- Normally the mashupDS data source used in Mashup Center 18.104.22.168 is copied to version 2.0 automatically as part of the migration. This data source is used when copying version 22.214.171.124 data to the Mashup Center 2.0 database. Sometimes when an error occurs, this data source cannot be copied and has to be created manually within the WebSphere Application Server administrative console for Mashup Center 2.0. When doing this, the name of the data source should be mashupDS11, and the JNDI name should be jdbc/mashupDS11.
If you get an error similar to the following error, the data source could not be found or was invalid:
... name: jdbc/mashupsDS11: First component in name mashupDS11 not found
If a data source with the specified name does not exist, create it. If it already exists, try deleting it and creating it again. When recreating the mashupDS11 data source, in the component-managed authentication alias drop down, select DB2mashup
, and leave the other as (none), which is the default. If not, you will immediately get the error Null userid
Next, you must restart the migration process at the point where the error occurred by running the following two commands:
You must run these two commands in the order specified. Do not run config.bat migrate-mashup
- Run config.bat migrate-data.
- Run config.bat migrate-hub.
- The upgrade process deletes the Mashup Center 1.x examples that were automatically installed in the catalog, and then creates the Mashup Center 2.0 examples. The upgrade process does not delete any feeds or data mashups that you created by following the example instructions. If you created any data mashups that depend on the installed examples, create your own copies of the examples before you upgrade. You can then import the copies of the examples into your data mashups.
To determine if a feed or data mashup was installed automatically, select View Details
for the object and look at the URL that generates that feed. The number following the entryid
for examples installed in version 1 is less than 30. For example, the following link is for an installed example because the entryid
- If you have any third-party or custom MashupHub plug-ins, you will need to uninstall them prior to upgrade, and then reinstall them after the upgrade is complete.
To uninstall a plug-in, do the following steps:
- Remove the plug-in ZIP file from this folder: <install-dir>\\installedApps\\Mashup Hub.ear\\mashuphub-enterprise.war\\WEB-INF\\plugins.
- Restart the server.
For information about installing plug-ins, see the topic Developing plug-ins
in the MashupHub API Reference
After the upgrade completes, you must upgrade any DB2 PureXML feeds that you have created. New pureXML®
files include schema changes to the database. These steps update and reformat existing pureXML feed data:
These steps are for upgrading a DB2 database that was previously enabled for PureXML. If you have not enabled your DB2 database for PureXML, do not follow this procedure. Instead, enable your database for PureXML. See the topic Configuring DB2 pureXML sources for feeds
in the MashupHub User and Administrator Guide
- On the DB2 server, remove all pureXML class files in the SQLLIB\\function directory.
- On the MashupHub server, extract the purexml_1.x_upgrade.zip file from the mashuphub\\server\\plugins\\com.ibm.mashuphub.plugin.purexml\\ directory. The purexml_1.x_upgrade.zip file contains these script files:
- Run the following script against the DB2 database: drop_functions.sql.
- Run the following script against the DB2 database:PUREXML_UPGRADE.sql.
- On the DB2 server, open a command prompt and run this command: IBMATOM.PUREXML_UPGRADE().
- On the MashupHub server, extract the purexml_files.zip file from the mashuphub\\server\\plugins\\com.ibm.mashuphub.plugin.purexml\\ directory. The purexml_files.zip file contains this file: functions.db2.
- Run the following script against the DB2 database: functions.db2.
- The migration process copies the WebSphere Application Server JVM heap settings from the 126.96.36.199 server to the 2.0 server. Since the default heap values have increased in Mashup Center 2.0, the values that get migrated from 188.8.131.52 may no longer be appropriate.
After the migration, compare the JVM heap settings to the new default settings of Initial heap size = 200 MB
and Maximum heap size = 1024 MB
. If the settings are empty, equal to zero, or less than the 2.0 defaults, change the settings to the new Mashup Center 2.0 defaults.
For more information, see Configuring the JVM
in the WebSphere Application Server Information Center.
Parent topic: Upgrading : Mashup Center 2.0
Next topic: Completing the prerequisites for upgrading : Mashup Center 2.0