Publishing spaces to the catalog as templates : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: Creating mashups : Mashup Center 2.0
When publishing spaces to the catalog, you are making them available for others to use as a template when creating new spaces. You can control who can view the space. You can make the space display only for you, or you can make it public for everyone to see.
About this task
To publish a space to the catalog as a template, do the following steps:
- In the mashup builder, open the space selector and select the space that you want to publish to the catalog.
- In the space actions menu, select Publish as Template.
- In the dialog box, do the following steps:
- In the Title field, type the name of the space. The name that you gave it when you created it displays in the field by default.
- In the Description field, type a brief description of the space. Your description displays in the details view of the space in the catalog.
- In the Version field, type a version. By default, the version is 1.0.
- In the Tags field, type one or more tags that relate to the space. Tags are a useful way for users to search and find your page in the catalog.
- In the Permissions section, select either Public or Private. If you select Public, the space displays in the catalog for all users, regardless of the permissions set on the space and the pages contained within that space. If you select Private, the space displays in the catalog for you only, and no other users can see it.
- Click Publish.
To confirm that the space published successfully, open the catalog and view the list of recently added spaces. If the catalog is already open, you may need to refresh your browser.
Parent topic: Working with spaces : Mashup Center 2.0