Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on December 22, 2009 | Version 1 (Original, Show current)
Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
When you complete the prerequisites and unique steps to create a feed, you must specify the details about the feed. You must complete this step before the feed can be registered in the catalog.
About this task
To specify the feed details when you create a feed:
Table 1. Object permission choices
- Specify a title and version for the feed. The title of the feed appears when you view a list of feeds or search for feeds in the catalog.
- Optional: Specify a description for the feed.
- Optional: Specify tags to associate with the feed. Use the existing tags as a guide. Other users will be able to set tags on your feeds.
- Optional: Specify permissions for the feed:
Any user can use the object. The object name appears when users list the catalog contents or search the catalog. This is the default permission.
Only you can use the object. The object is only visible to you. The object name does not appear when other users view or search the catalog.
Use custom settings to modify the default permissions for specific users or for groups.
The catalog includes two groups:
- The ANONYMOUS group includes all users who can access the catalog without logging in.
- The REGISTERED group includes all registered users.
Within the groups and users categories, set the type of permission that you want to grant:
- Edit permission enables groups or individual users to upload a new version of the object and update the details about the object.
- View permission enables groups or individual users to view the details and download the object.
You can specify more than one type of permission. For example, you can grant one group View permission, and grant an individual user both Edit and View permissions.
To locate users, you can search for a user ID, username, or group ID.
- Optional: Enter details for the feed in the Advanced section:
- Categories: Select the categories to associate with the object. A set of categories is installed with MashupHub.
If the category does not appear in the list, ask your administrator to add the category. After the administrator adds the category, you can edit the details of the object and apply the category.
- Related entries already in the catalog: Specify the related entries in the catalog for this object. Related entries are objects in the catalog that can be used with the object that you are registering. The related entries appear only on the details for this object. This object does not appear on the related entries list of the other objects unless you or someone else adds this object as a related entry.
- Technical Documentation: Enter the URL to any technical documentation for the object.
- Caching data: (Does not apply to pages, spaces, or widgets.) Specify if the data from the feed should be cached locally, and how long the data should be stored before the cache is refreshed.
- Access Methods: (Choices include Get and Post) Specify the HTTP method that can be used to view the object.
- Policies: (Does not apply to pages, spaces, or widgets.) The Policies section only appears if Feed Policy Processing is enabled by an administrator from the link at Settings -> Edit Feed Policies. Select Enable Rate Limiting to limit the number of requests allowed per minute to protect the corresponding data source from unpredictable or unacceptable loads.
- Click Finish. The feed in now registered in the catalog.
Parent topic: Feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
URL parameters in registered feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Reserved MHUBLOGIN parameter : Mashup Center 2.0
Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Adding an existing feed to the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0
Viewing a feed : Mashup Center 2.0
Editing feeds : Mashup Center 2.0
Adding a feed to the mashup builder : Mashup Center 2.0
Deleting a feed from the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0