Updating widgets that were not added from the catalog : Mashup Center 2.0Added by IBM on November 20, 2009 | Version 1 (Original)
Contents: Administering Mashup Center : Mashup Center 2.0
This topic describes how to update a widget in your palette that was not added from the catalog, for example a widget that is provided with the default palette.
About this task
Do the following steps to update your widget WAR file:
- Update your widget WAR file as needed, repackage it, and save it to your local machine.
- Open the Start menu, and select All Programs -> IBM Mashup Center 2.0 -> Admin Console.
- In the left navigation area, select Applications -> Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- In the list of enterprise applications, find the application name that contains the name of the widget you want to update and select the check box beside it.
- Above the list, select Update.
- Locate the Full path field under Replace the entire application -> Local file system, and click Browse and point to the WAR file that you saved to your local machine.
- Click Next.
- Leave the default options, and click Next.
- Leave the default installation options, and click Next.
- Set the correct cell, node, and server, and click Next. Normally, you will simply keep the existing setting.
- Set the correct virtual host, and click Next. Normally, you will simply keep the existing setting.
- Leave the existing context root, and click Next.
- Click Finish, and wait for the message that tells you that the application installed successfully.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save directly to the master configuration.
- In each client browser, clear the cache and refresh the mashup page.
Now you should see the updated widget in the palette.
Parent topic: Updating widget WAR files and replacing them in the palette : Mashup Center 2.0