Contents: MashupHub User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 2.0
Object owners and administrators can view usage statistics for individual objects.
Before you begin
Object owners or persons with Edit permissions for an object can view an object's usage statistics by opening the object's Details page and clicking Usage Statistics
in the Actions
Administrators can view usage statistics for any object in the catalog by clicking Settings
-> View Object Statistics
, and then selecting an object.
Both methods display the same information.
To view object usage statistics as an administrator, you must enable tracking by clicking the Edit Tracking Settings
link, which is also accessed from Settings
at the top of the window. If you do not enable tracking, the View Object Statistics
page does not display any objects.
About this task
To view the object usage statistics for an object:
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top of the window.
- Select View Object Statistics from the Administrator Tasks list.
- Locate the object that you want to generate the tracking usage feed for. You can:
- Search for objects in the catalog. Type a word that is in the object title and click the search icon. To see a list of all of the objects, type an asterisk (*) in the search box.
- Scroll through the list to find the object.
- To view information about the object:
- Click the icon next to the object title to generate the tracking usage feed.
- Click the object title to display the object's usage statistics.
The following statistics are displayed:
- Access information:
- The date of the first time the object was accessed.
- The date of the last access to the object.
- The average load time taken to generate the object.
- A data table containing the following information:
- Requests: Total, Requests Today, Requests Yesterday, % change in amount of requests between yesterday and today.
- Unique Requests: Total, Unique Requests Today, Unique Requests Yesterday, % change in amount of unique requests between yesterday and today
- Unique Growth: Total, Unique Growth Today, Unique Growth Yesterday, % change in the amount of unique growth between yesterday and today.
refers to the amount of times an object was accessed, either feed generation or widget/page download.
refers to the amount of times an object was accessed by unique individuals. This means multiple object accesses by a single user, on a single day, are viewed as one Unique Request.
refers to the amount of new unique individuals accessing the object. Unique Growth is the sum of all unique visits for the given time span. A unique individual is defined by its IP address.
If no requests have been made for the object, the screen displays the message No chart data available
- Below the data table are three graphs of the data in the tables. The bar charts map the data for the most recent month of data for Requests, Unique Requests, and Unique Growth.
Information displayed in the charts is from the most recent month and does not represent all data available.
If the administrator has given the user permission to view the tracked data feed for the given object, the links to the Atom, CSV, or JSON feeds will be available at the bottom of the data table. Atom feeds contain the most recent 500 records whereas CSV and JSON exports contain all records available for the object. This is described in detail in the MashupHub API Reference. If you display the Atom feed, you will see the URL of the feed in the browser. Permission to view tracked data feeds is done with the Edit Tracking Settings
- To access the CSV output, use the same URL and append /format/csv to the URL to obtain the complete information in CSV format.
- To access the JSON output, use the same URL and append /format/json to the URL to obtain the complete information in JSON format.
Parent topic: Administrator tasks accessed from Settings : Mashup Center 2.0