Table of Contents: User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 22.214.171.124
To create feeds from collections of XML documents that are stored in DB2® pureXML® columns, you must configure support in DB2.
Before you begin
Specify native XML data store support on a column either when you create or when you alter a DB2 table. For information see the Native XML data store topic in the DB2 information center: Native XML data store overview
About this task
To configure DB2 databases to enable MashupHub to create feeds from DB2 pure XML columns:
- In the directory where MashupHub is installed, unpack the zip file in the pureXML plug-ins folder. For example: mashuphub\\server\\plugins\\com.ibm.mashuphub.plugin.purexml\\purexml_files.zip.
- In the DB2 Command Center Query window, run the following script files in this sequence. Ensure that the default end-of-command character is set to the at sign (@):
- Depending on the space requirement for your database, run one of the following commands:
- For table with a 4K page size: CREATE_ATOM_FEED_TABLE_4K.sql
- For a table with an 8K page size: CREATE_ATOM_FEED_TABLE_8K.sql
Important: These script files must be run without modifying the schema. The scripts use the IBMATOM schema and this must not be changed.
In the DB2 Command Center Query window, run the following command for every table with an XML column that you want to enable for PureXML feeds. Replace schema with the table schema and replace table_name with the table's name: call IBMATOM.enable_table_for_atom('schema', 'table_name')
Important: Enabling a table for PureXML adds three columns to the table: BIGINT, timestamp and VARCHAR(255) as well as a trigger. Ensure the table's page size is large enough to support the added columns before running the enable_table_for_atom command.
The DB2 database configuration is complete. You can now create pureXML feeds in MashupHub.
Parent topic: Additional administrator tasks : Mashup Center 126.96.36.199