Creating a feed from a Domino serverAdded by IBM on April 28, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can create a new Atom feed from a Domino® server.
Table of Contents: User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 18.104.22.168
You can create a new Atom feed from a Domino® server.
Before you begin
About this task
To create a feed from a Domino server:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select Domino Server and click Next.
- Enter values in the text boxes for the parameters. Use the checkbox to the right of each parameter to indicate if a different value for the parameter can be specified when the feed is run from the View Feed in Browser link in the Details page in the catalog or when the feed is accessed through a URL from outside of MashupHub, such as from a widget in the mashup builder. When the feed is run, a window displays the default values. The feed user can specify a different value for the parameter. The new value becomes a parameter on the URL. Any parameter that is a password cannot be designated as a prompt parameter:
- Optional: In the Number of Results field, type the maximum number of entries that you want returned when the Domino feed is run. The default value is 20.
- In the Domino Host field, type the IP hostname or address of the Domino server. The host might contain an HTTP port value, for example hostname:portnumber. The DIIOP is described in the Internet Object Reference (IOR) document. This document is located on the host server at http://hostname:portnumber/diiop_ior.txt. The MashupHub server must be able to read this document.
- In the Login field, type the userid to connect to the Domino server.
- In the Password field, type the password that is associated with the userid that you specified in the Login field.
- In the Database field, type the name of the database to retrieve information from.
- Optional. In the Database View field, type the name of the database view.
- Optional. In the Document Selection field, type the statement to use when iterating the data source. You must use valid Lotus Notes® Select statements. To select entries from the name and address book, use the Select statement: Select Form="Person".
- Click Next.
- Enter the feed details. See Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 22.214.171.124 .
After you save the feed, click View Feed in Browser
. The results appear in a new tab or window in the browser.
The number of items in the Atom feed is limited by the value that you specified in the Number of Results
You might need to view the page source from the browser to see all the information in the feed. For example, in Firefox select View
-> Page Source
The Domino Server Feed
example describes how to create a feed from a Lotus Notes database using a Domino server.
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 126.96.36.199
Tivoli Directory Integrator feed types in MashupHub : Mashup Center 188.8.131.52