Table of Contents: User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 126.96.36.199
You can create a new Atom feed from a TDI service.
Before you begin
Tivoli® Directory Integrator version 7.0.0 is included with MashupHub and runs on localhost port 8071. This port number is defined in the MashupIntegrationServer.properties
file, which is located in the directory where MashupHub is installed: <installation_path>\\Hub\\installedApps\\Mashup Hub.ear\\mashuphub-enterprise.war\\server\\plugins\\com.ibm.mashuphub.plugin.tdi\\server\\MIS\\
About this task
TDI is an extensible connector framework that connects to various data sources, including SAP, Domino®, and LDAP. The TDI Server is installed with MashupHub. MashupHub includes both general and specialized TDI data sources. The Tivoli Directory Integrator data source is for a general
TDI source. See Tivoli Directory Integrator feed types in MashupHub : Mashup Center 188.8.131.52
for an explanation of the differences between general and specialized TDI feeds.
To create a feed from a TDI service:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select Tivoli Directory Integrator and click Next.
- Select the type of feed. The default supported TDI feed types include the following:
Click Next. The parameters that appear depend on the type of feed that you selected.
- Lake Levels
|TDI feed type||Parameters|
|Domino||See Creating a feed from a Domino server : Mashup Center 184.108.40.206 .|
- Optional. Number of Results: The maximum number of entries returned when the JDBC feed is run. The default value is 20.
- DB Server URL: The JDBC Connection URL as required by the JDBC driver. For example, jdbc:[type]://[host]:[port]/[database].
- JDBC Driver: The JDBC driver name.
- Login: The userid to connect to the database server.
- Password: The password associated with the userid that you specified in the Login field.
- Table: The database table name to search.
- Schema: Optional. The JDBC schema, if there is a schema.
- Select Statement: The JDBC SELECT statement to run.
- Number of Results: Optional. The maximum number of entries returned when the feed is run. The default value is 20.
- LDAP URL: The address of the LDAP directory server.
- Login: Optional. The userid to connect to the LDAP directory server.
- Password: Optional. The password associated with the userid specified in the Login field.
- Search Base: The base DN (distinguished name). The base DN is the root node of the directory tree where you want the search to begin. An example of the format for the value for the Search Base is o=myOrganization,c=US.
- Search Filter: Optional. The search criteria.
|Lake Levels||Lake Levels is a custom data source derived from the Norwegian Water Resources and Energy Directorate located at wwwnveno . The Lake Levels source is provided as an example of the type of TDI-based source that can be added to the catalog.|
- Number of Results: Optional. The maximum number of entries returned when the Lake Levels assembly line feed is run. The default value is 20.
- Number of Results: Optional. The maximum number of entries returned when the SAP feed is run. The default value is 20.
- AppServer: The name of the SAP application server.
- SysNumber: The SAP R/3 system number for R/3 connection. For example, 00.
- Client: The SAP R/3 Logon client for R/3 connection. For example, 100.
- Language: The SAP R/3 language ID used for R/3 connection. This is the two letter ISO locale code. The default is EN for English.
- Login: The SAP R/3 userid for R/3 connection.
- Password: The password associated with the userid specified in the Login field.
- BAPI RFC: The Business APIs (BAPI) Remote Function Call (RFC). If the RFC has input parameters, click the Add Parameter button for each input, and fill in the name and default value of the input. The following example of a BAPI RFC has two input parameters:
- rfc = BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST
- CUSTOMER_NUMBER = 0007009733
- SALES_ORGANIZATION = 0483
Enter the feed details. See Specifying the feed details and registering the feed : Mashup Center 220.127.116.11 .
Use the checkbox to the right of each parameter to indicate if a different value for the parameter can be specified when the feed is run from the View Feed in Browser link in the Details page in the catalog or when the feed is accessed through a URL from outside of MashupHub, such as from a widget in the mashup builder. When the feed is run, a window displays the default values. The feed user can specify a different value for the parameter. The new value becomes a parameter on the URL. Any parameter that is a password cannot be designated as a prompt parameter.
After you save the feed, click View Feed in Browser
. The results appear in a new tab or window in the browser.
The number of items in the Atom feed is limited by the value that you specified in the Number of Results
You might need to view the page source from the browser to see all the information in the feed. For example, in Firefox select View
-> Page Source
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds : Mashup Center 18.104.22.168
Tivoli Directory Integrator feed types in MashupHub : Mashup Center 22.214.171.124
Troubleshooting TDI problems : Mashup Center 126.96.36.199
Sample of the format for Domino server feeds : Mashup Center 188.8.131.52
Sample of the format for LDAP feeds : Mashup Center 184.108.40.206
Sample of the format for SAP feeds : Mashup Center 220.127.116.11
Sample format for JDBC feeds : Mashup Center 18.104.22.168