Table of Contents: User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 18.104.22.168
The data mashup builder is a graphical interface that provides easy-to-use tools for business users, Information Technology professionals, and developers to use to quickly generate data mashups.
With the data mashup builder, you can:
- Import XML, JSON, Atom, and RSS feeds from the Internet, an intranet, or the catalog.
- Aggregate, manipulate, and restructure data or content feeds. You use the operators in the data mashup builder to manipulate the feeds. You can filter or sort data based on specific values. You can combine the data from multiple feeds into one feed and you can specify a new output structure for a feed.
How do I create a data mashup?
You create a data mashup by connecting a series of operators together. The basic steps are:
- On the Home:Catalog tab, click Create and select New Data Mashup.
- Drag a Source operator onto the data mashup builder canvas. A Publish operator is automatically added to the canvas. The Details window for the Source operator appears.
Select another operator to manipulate the data from the source feed. Drag the operator to the canvas.
Drag the plug from the Source operator onto the other operator to connect the operators. For some operators, you must plug in more than one source.
- On the Properties tab for the Source operator, specify the location of the source.
- Use the Preview tab to see the content of the source before you connect the Source operator to another operator.
Connect additional operators as needed to complete the data mashup.
Connect the last operator to the Publish operator.
- On the Properties tab for the operator, enter the parameter information for that operator.
- Use the Preview tab to see the results of applying the operator to the source data.
Click Save to save the data mashup to the catalog.
You can use an existing data mashup as a template for a new data mashup. In the catalog, display the details for the data mashup that you want to use. Select Edit As New
to open the data mashup builder. Edit the data mashup and click Save
to save your new data mashup in the catalog.
Data mashup examples
One way to learn to use the operators is to step through one of the data mashup examples. A copy of each completed example is stored in the catalog, so that you can compare your example results with the completed example.
You can access the examples from the Getting Started actions on the Home:Catalog
Parent topic: Data mashups : Mashup Center 22.214.171.124
Operators : Mashup Center 126.96.36.199
Functions : Mashup Center 188.8.131.52
Using an existing data mashup to create another data mashup : Mashup Center 184.108.40.206
Editing data mashups : Mashup Center 220.127.116.11