Table of Contents: User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 184.108.40.206
An Administrator can enable and edit usage tracking for catalog objects.
About this task
Use the Edit Tracking Settings
page to configure the following settings:
- Turn the tracking On or Off. Set the status to On to update catalog usage statistics and to view object statistics.
- Clear tracked information before a given date.
- Specify the length of time to keep tracked data.
- Specify tracking status for individual objects.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top of the window.
- Select Edit Tracking Settings from the Administrator Tasks list.
- Select On in the Current Status list.
- Click Save Tracking Status.
After you turn the tracking on and save the tracking status, the Clear Tracking Information, Schedule Automatic Data Maintenance and Object Tracking Status sections are displayed.
- Optional: Specify the Clear Tracking Information values. Use this setting to clear outdated tracking information.
- Type a date in the mm-dd-yyyy format. For example: 11–06–2009.
- Click Clear.
- Optional: Specify how many days to maintain data that has been collected for tracking in the Schedule Automatic Data Maintenance field. Data that is older than the specified date is automatically removed.
- Click Save. You can disable automatic data maintenance by clicking Cancel. Turning tracking off resets the data maintenance setting.
- Optional: Specify the Object Tracking Status. By default, every object in the catalog is tracked. Options include:
- Search for objects titles in the catalog. To list of all the objects, type an asterisk (*) in the search box.
- Scroll through the list and uncheck the items in the Track It column that you do not want to track. If you uncheck an object, the Usage Statistics link will not appear in the Actions list in the object's Details page.
- To allow the owner of an object to view tracking information, click the check box in the Owner Permissions column for that object.
- Click Save Object Status to save the tracking settings.
Tracking settings affect two other tasks that are available from the Settings
-> Administrator Tasks
View Catalog Statistics
: Catalog usage statistics are tracked and updated.
View Object Statistics
: The administrator (or object owner who has permission) can view the number of requests for particular objects, as well as the average response time to feed requests.
Parent topic: Administrator tasks accessed from Settings : Mashup Center 220.127.116.11