IntroductionAdded by IBM on April 28, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|With IBM® Mashup Center, you can access the components that you need to create Web 2.0 mashup and application solutions.
Table of Contents: User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 220.127.116.11
With IBM® Mashup Center, you can access the components that you need to create Web 2.0 mashup and application solutions.
IBM Mashup Center is a browser-based tool that includes:
- A catalog for mashup objects: feeds, data mashups, mashup pages, REST services, spaces, and widgets. The catalog initially contains a set of sample objects. You can also store your own objects in the catalog so that other users can access the objects. The catalog includes community features for sharing information with other users. You can tag, rate, and comment on the objects that are stored in the catalog.
- A set of feed generators, which allow you to register and create feeds. You can register an existing feed from the Internet or an intranet in the catalog. You can create feeds from a wide range of departmental, application, and enterprise data sources.
- A data mashup builder. You can create a new data mashup. The data mashup builder includes a set of operators and functions that you use to merge, augment, filter, and restructure source data. You can then save the new data mashup in the catalog.
- The mashup builder. Use the mashup builder to configure and wire widgets on a mashup page. You can publish pages to the catalog and share them with others.
- IBM Lotus® Widget Factory, a development environment for creating custom widgets.
- A widget builder for creating and editing custom widgets. You can use a wizard to help you get started faster.
This document is the User and Administrator Guide
for three of the six components of IBM Mashup Center: the catalog, the feed generator, and the data mashup builder. Throughout this document, these three components are collectively referred to as MashupHub.