Migrating the databaseAdded by IBM on April 28, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can migrate the database from the embedded Apache Derby database in WebSphere®, where MashupHub is initially installed to another database.
Table of Contents: User and Administrator Guide : Mashup Center 220.127.116.11
You can migrate the database from the embedded Apache Derby database in WebSphere®, where MashupHub is initially installed to another database.
Before you begin
Migrating the database has prerequisites and preparation steps. Before you migrate the database, read the information about supported databases and migration setup requirements: Database migration setup : Mashup Center 18.104.22.168
About this task
When you migrate to another database, the tables in the MashupHub database are copied to the database that you designate. There are several reason why you might want to migrate to another database:
- An enterprise database server is more suitable for the requirements of the MashupHub catalog size or for the transaction rate.
- There might be High Availability or backup requirements for your organization that make it necessary to migrate to another database.
- Your organization prefers to use a different database than the database that is provided by MashupHub.
To migrate to another database:
- Log in as an administrator.
- Click Settings at the top of the MashupHub window.
- Select Migrate Database from the Administrator Tasks list.
- From the Database type list, select the database.
- In the Hostname field, the default hostname, localhost, is filled in for you. If the hostname for the database is different, type its hostname or IP address.
- In the Port field, the default port number for the database is filled in for you. If you are using a different port number, type it in this field.
- In the Database name field, type the name of the database or use the default name hubdb.
For Oracle, type the System ID (SID) in the Database name field.
- In the Username field, type the userid that you use to connect to the database.
- In the Password field, type the password that is associated with the userid that you specified in the Username field.
- The JDBC driver file name(s) field lists the JAR files for the migration. By default, this field lists the supported JAR file names. For DB2 and Informix, the JAR files are already installed with MashupHub. For the other databases, you must copy the JAR files to a specific directory on the MashupHub server. You can specify different JAR files in this field. If you leave this field blank, the default JAR files will be used for migration, but you must still copy them to MashupHub if required. See the instructions in Database migration setup : Mashup Center 22.214.171.124 .
- DB2 only: In the Schema field, type the schema name.
- Click Migrate.
After the database migration completes, MashupHub updates the configuration file to point to the new database. Users can continue to use MashupHub. You do not need to restart MashupHub.
Parent topic: Administrator tasks accessed from Settings : Mashup Center 126.96.36.199