Map widget example: imc3Added by IBM on November 23, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|This example shows you how to create and customize a map widget, save it to the catalog, and add it to the Mashup Builder.
This example shows you how to create and customize a map widget, save it to the catalog, and add it to the Mashup Builder.
Before you begin
Estimated time to create this example
: 10 minutes
- Your administrator must enter the NAVTEQ license in the Widget Settings page. The Widget Settings page is accessed from Settings -> Widget Management. If the widget is not working correctly, consult your administrator to make sure that the license has been added.
- Connection to the Internet
- Supported browser
- Internet Explorer 6.0 SP3, 7.0, 8.0 (Windows® only)
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6 (Windows and Linux®)
- Safari 5.0 (Mac OS only)
- For the most current information about system configuration, consult the Detailed System Requirements for IBM® Mashup Center.
- Logged in to Mashup Center
Select the building marker icon to represent a hospital.
Click Add Another Feed.
In the Feed 2 tab, click Browse Catalog.
Type State College Schools in the search area and click the magnifying glass icon.
Select the feed named State College Schools Feed and click OK.
Move the Name field from Selected Fields to Available Fields.
Move the following location fields from Available Fields to Selected Fields in this order:
Select the house marker icon to represent a school.
In the Specify the following information window enter these values:
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Widget.
- In the Numeric Data Feeds category, select NAVTEQ Map and click Next.
- In the Feed 1 tab, click Browse Catalog.
- Type State College Hospitals in the search area and click the magnifying glass icon.
- Select the feed named State College Hospitals Feed and click OK.
- Move the Name field from Selected Fields to Available Fields.
- Move the following location fields from Available Fields to Selected Fields in this order:
Click Finish. The widget has been saved to the Catalog.
Click View Widget in Browser. The results display in a new tab or window in the browser.
- Title: My State College Schools and Hospitals
- Description: Uses sample data of schools and hospitals in the State College area
- Version: 1.0
- Tags: ibm, map, state college, schools, hospitals
- Permissions: Public
In the lower right corner of the results displayed in the browser, click Add To to add the widget to your Mashup Builder widget palette.
Accept the defaults in the Add This Widget screen and click Next.
From the Select a palette drop-down menu, select the palette in which you want to place the widget.
Click Next. The widget is added to the Mashup Builder.