If you want to use JDNI (managed) connection type, you must configure a connection factory in WebSphere® Application Server for each IMS™ database view metadata file. This step is not needed if you are using the Driver Manager (non-managed) connection type.
About this task
To configure a connection factory:
- In the WebSphere Application Server administrative console, click Resources -> Resource Adapters -> J2C connection factories.
- Click New.
- From the list of providers. select the name of the IMS Universal DB resource adapter that you configured
- Type a descriptive name for this connection factory.
- Type the JNDI name for this connection factory.
- Click Custom properties under Additional Properties.
- Type the information for the following properties:
In the messages box, click Save to save this configuration information.
- DatastoreServer (the IMS host system)
The connection factory for connecting to the IMS database by using the IMS Universal DB resource adapter is configured.