Use this widget type to display content that includes one or more fields of geographic information. You can plot multiple feeds that have mappable content and use different icons to represent each feed. Map widgets are useful to represent locations or relationships between sets of location-oriented data on a two-dimensional map of the world.
Before you begin
This widget type can display text or numeric content from feeds created by any feed generator in Mashup Center. One or more of the fields in each feed must be in a form that can be geographically plotted on a map. Mappable data elements are most often expressed as an addresses, a location indicator such as an airport code, or as a geographic coordinate expressed as a latitude-longitude pair. Both Atom and RSS feeds are supported.
To use this widget, a license for the NAVTEQ mapping software is required. Contact your system administrator if a license for the NAVTEQ software is not available for your installation.
About this task
Use the editors on the left to customize the widget. As you make changes, the results are refreshed in the widget on the right.
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Widget.
- In the Numeric Data Feeds category, select NAVTEQ Map and click Next.
- Resize the widget by selecting preset values, entering values in the input fields, or by dragging the lower-right corner of the widget.
- Select the feeds to use in the map. Each feed and its associated configuration is located under a tab in the Map Settings editor. Add tabs for additional feeds by clicking Add Another Feed. If you are creating this widget from a feed Details page, the first tab and feed will be completed for you. If not, for each feed to plot on the map, add a tab and select a feed by doing one of the following actions:
For each feed, you can use the following editors to customize how the feed is rendered on the map:
- Click Browse Catalog to select a feed in the catalog.
- Click Create Feed to create a new feed.
- Enter the URL for the feed in the Feed URL field.
Customize the header and footer of the widget by selecting one of the following options:
- Select and order the fields that the map uses to plot each entry in the feed.
- If a marker is not present in the feed, select the marker to use for all entries in the feed
Customize the background and theme of the widget by selecting from the following options:
- Default Style: Select properties for the header or the footer. Some of the properties can be customized.
- Custom Content: Use a WYSIWYG editor to fully customize the header or the footer.
- None: Remove the header or the footer.
Select whether to include the Add To button in the lower-right corner of the widget. This button enables users to move the widget to different mashup environments, to bookmark the widget in Lotus® Connections, and other actions. See Adding widgets to other applications and sharing widgets.
Enter the details for how the widget is managed in the catalog. See Specifying the object details and registering the objectWhen you complete the prerequisites and unique steps to create an object, you must specify the details about the object. You must complete this step before the object can be registered in the catalog..
- Chromeless: Remove the header and footer from the widget and fill the widget with content only.
- Theme: Select a background color and a complementary text color for the widget.
- Solid Background: Remove the gradient background color from the widget and replace it with the solid color specified in the Theme selection.
- Background Image: Specify a background image to override the selected theme with an image.
Parent topic: Creating widgets in Mashup Center: imc3