Creating a feed from SAP Application Functions: imc3Added by IBM on November 23, 2010 | Version 1 (Original)
|You can create an Atom feed from SAP application functions.
You can create an Atom feed from SAP application functions.
Before you begin
- An administrator must enable the SAP plugin. MashupHub requires SAP Java Connector version 3.0.5, which can be downloaded from the SAP website.
- Download the SAP Java Connector from the SAP Service Marketplace website. You must have a SAP Service Marketplace user ID and password to access the download.
- Review the installation information on the SAP website.
- Follow these steps on the server where Mashup Center is installed. The source files must be a SAP server R/3 version.
- Copy the sapjco3.jar file to this directory: installation_path/Hub/TDI/platform/jars where platform is one of the supported platforms, for example, win32.
- Copy the sapjco3.dll file to this directory: installation_path/Hub/TDI/platform/libs.
- For Windows, follow additional steps in these SAP notes: 1405464, 1375494.
About this task
To create a feed from SAP application functions:
- On the Home:Catalog page, click Create and select New Feed.
- Select SAP Application Functions and click Next.
- Enter values in the text boxes for the parameters. Use the checkbox to the right of each parameter to indicate if a different value for the parameter can be specified when the feed is run from the View Feed in Browser link in the Details page in the catalog or when the feed is accessed through a URL from outside of MashupHub, such as from a widget in the mashup builder. When the feed is run, a window appears that displays the default values. The feed user can specify a different value for the parameter. The new value becomes a parameter on the URL. Any parameter that is a password cannot be designated as a prompt parameter:
- Optional: In the Number of Results field, type the maximum number of entries that you want returned when the SAP feed is run. The default value is 20.
- In the AppServer field, type the name of the SAP application server.
- In the SysNumber field, type the SAP R/3 system number for R/3 connection. For example, 00.
- In the Client field, type the SAP R/3 Logon client for R/3 connection. For example, 100.
- In the Language field, type the language for R/3 connection. This is the two-letter ISO locale code. The default is EN for English.
- In the Login field, type the SAP R/3 user ID for R/3 connection.
- In the Password field, type the password that is associated with the user ID that you specified in the Login field.
- In the BAPI RFC field, type the Business APIs (BAPI) Remote Function Call (RFC) that you want to use.
If the RFC has input parameters, click Add Parameter
for each input, and enter the name and default value of the input.
Examples of BAPI RFCs are:
rfc = BAPI_SALESORDER_GETLIST
CUSTOMER_NUMBER = 0007009733
SALES_ORGANIZATION = 0483
rfc = BAPI_ISAORDER_GETDETAILEDLIST
I_BAPI_VIEW = XX
SALESDOCUMENT = 0025001627
SAP numeric inputs might require you to type leading zeroes. Contact your SAP server administrator for more information about the available BAPI rfc and input values for the SAP application.
- Click Next.
- Enter the feed details. See Specifying the object details and registering the object.
- Click Finish.
After you save the feed, click View Feed in Browser
. The results appear in a new tab or window in the browser.
The number of items in the Atom feed is limited by the value that you specified in the Number of Results
You might need to view the page source from the browser to see all the information in the feed. For example, in Firefox select View
-> Page Source
Sample of the format for SAP feeds: imc3
The output for a SAP feed is in Atom format. The output returned by executing the BAPI RFC call is placed in a single entry within the Atom feed. The output consists of the following structures: imports, exports, and tables. The data within each structure can vary and depends on the BAPI RFC definition.
Parent topic: Creating and registering new feeds: imc3
Tivoli Directory Integrator feed types in MashupHub: imc3